You know your obsessed with flying when.....

Snaggletooth

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Dustin
..... Your mom asks you what 3 things you most want for Christmas and you say...
  • Sporty's E6B
  • "The Next Hour" by Richard Collins
  • The complete set of the Sporty's Air Facts DVD's.
Then on top of that you ask her to use your Account when she orders so it puts you name in again for the Cessna 162 Skycatcher Giveaway.

So.... am I obsessed?

You know you are obsessed with flying when you can't imagine how any of
your flying activities could be viewed as obsessive.

...you verbally check and call out "clear left!" "clear right!" before entering an intersection.

You hop in your homebuilt, fly to work, fly at work, then fly home from work... :D:D:D

....You load up in a 1600lb max gross weight Cessna 150 that does 100 mph and fly it 850 miles to Oshkosh 2 years in a row.

You smell like 100LL when you get in the plane and don't notice, AND your passengers don't either!

You cruise through uncontrolled intersections calling out: any traffic in the intersection, please advise!

When anyone mentions B-B-Q, it means a $100 dollar hamburger to you.

Best,

Dave

... and you know you've been flying too much IFR when... you hit a fog bank driving home from work, and transition to instruments.

No kidding - this happened to me in the middle of the winter of my first year stationed in England. You just get used to hitting the clouds and looking for the round dials, it became habit. The problem is that my Celica didn't have all the required performance and navigational indicators! :yikes:

When you check the weather & 3 aviation forums before your wife has the coffee made. DaveR

When you're about 20th in line to make a turn at an intersection and catch yourself thinking that a barrel roll would get you through (over) the intersection and on your way in no time...

... and you know you've been flying too much IFR when... you hit a fog bank driving home from work, and transition to instruments.

No kidding - this happened to me in the middle of the winter of my first year stationed in England. You just get used to hitting the clouds and looking for the round dials, it became habit. The problem is that my Celica didn't have all the required performance and navigational indicators! :yikes:
BTDT several times. It's sort of disturbing when you look down and realize there is nothing to help you.

...you see a well endowed lady and hear a little voice in your head saying "Whoop-whoop! Terrain, pull up! Whoop-whoop! Terrain, pull up!"

You can always tell when a man has lost his soul to flying. The poor bastard is hopelessly committed to stopping whatever is doing long enough to look up and make sure the aircraft purring overhead continues on course and does not suddenly fall out of the sky. It is also his bound duty to watch every aircraft within view take off and land. - Ernest K Gann-

You can always tell when a man has lost his soul to flying. The poor bastard is hopelessly committed to stopping whatever is doing long enough to look up and make sure the aircraft purring overhead continues on course and does not suddenly fall out of the sky. It is also his bound duty to watch every aircraft within view take off and land. - Ernest K Gann-

Welcome to the board, Rick. Nice quote.

OMG I do that!

I do too. If I'm inside and hear a plane, I go out to look as well :D

Doesn't everybody?

Whenever someone talks about getting things stabilized, I think of a button on my RADAR unit!

Best,

Dave

As soon as your car starts moving you check brakes and steering.

This seals it, I no longer have a soul.

Back