You know you have bad allergies

deonb

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
deonb
When you overnight a whole-house air purifier from all the way across the country, figure out on which FedEx flight they loaded it, then keep compulsively hitting F5 on FlightAware just to make sure it arrives on time, or else you're checking into a hotel for the night.

It's been one of those weeks.

PS: And I know you don't actually have to hit F5 on FlightAware. But it's like pushing a lit elevator button just to get to the right floor a little bit faster...

FedEx 3740.png

Flightradar24 has way less of a delay. I feel you on the allergies

Totally understand. More than a few times this year I've found my car covered in a thin yellow layer of pollen. And that's just one allergen in this state.

We're a "melting pot" of pretty much every kind of foliage produced allergen you can think of..and our seasons last longer than the rest of the US..

Of course that package didn't make it in time. It arrived at the airport at 5:30p, but apparently FedEx couldn't figure out a way to move it the last 10 miles in 3.5 hours.

And now of course the new expected delivery date is June 10th... (wft?).

That's what I hate about the way the FedEx money back warranty is structured.

You'd think a missed delivery automatically goes into priority overnight (10:30am) delivery, but no. Once they missed the time, they've lost their money, so then your stuff goes onto a "we'll get to it when we get to it" pile.

I am allergic to the feces of Dermatophagoides farinae, the American dust mite. Try and get away from it. Dust is nothing more than shed skin. Want to keep a room free of it? Close the door and don't go in. Want to keep yourself free of it? Good luck.

Very sympathetic. I have just finished up two years of immunotherapy and for the most part it worked. Highly recommend it.

Very sympathetic. I have just finished up two years of immunotherapy and for the most part it worked. Highly recommend it.

What did that do to your class 3 medical?

What did that do to your class 3 medical?
2nd class medical here (CFI). Doc said no worries. Just had to make sure to only use non-drowsy allergy meds which are required days of allergy shots any way and carry epi-pens on days of shots. Basically AME could care less, the allergy Doc had the restrictions. AME's nurse even called the FAA to make sure prior to my last physical.

Back