You Can Afford To Be A Pilot! by Tim O'Connor

barnstorm

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Tim O'Connor
I hope I am not committing some kind of grand faux pas by making a post about a book that I wrote...

If so my apologies, please delete this thread.

I wrote this book not to make money but to make pilots.

I give digital copies of this book to EAA Young Eagles participants for free. If you would like to give copies of this book to your young eagles contact me via email.

All proceeds from this book go to promote sport aviation or to promote the book.

Thank you!

Medium%20Cover%20Jpeg.jpg

Back%20Cover%20Medium.jpg

http://www.youcanaffordtobeapilot.com/

I made a COUPON CODE just for Pilots of America board members (ebook version only).

Promotional price: $7.19
Coupon Code: GW97R
Expires: August 28, 2011

Use the SmashWords link on the book website.

Who's the cute yellow Cub with the girl standing in the way?

I'd like to get her N-number. ;) :yes:

You may be able to afford to be a pilot, but not to actually fly! LOL!

:D

I read this book back-to-back with John Purner's "02 Golf". Both are outstanding books, easy/fast reads, and highly suggested for student pilots looking for encouragement and light reading.

oooh - careful using that name, I think he copyrighted it.

I've read the book (purchased from Amazon, if I remember right), and have also given the code to Young Eagles. I think we had 69 Young Eagles fly that day. Thanks for bumping this - Tim, if you could PM me a code for Young Eagles, we have a YE event the third Saturday of every month at our chapter.
http://www.690.eaachapter.org/youngeagles.htm

Just one example of what giving a child a flight can inspire: One of our Young Eagles took his first flight at age 11. He is now 18, has his PPL, is about to start college to study business and aviation engineering (IIRC - don't remember the specific fields he has chosen). His high school requires a senior project in order to graduate. It has to meet certain requirements, like have a 5 page report, result in a deliverable, spend at least 15 hours on it (IIRC), and more. He now has the record for spending (IIRC) 118 hours on his project, wrote a report much longer than 5 pages..... He bought a turbo injector from a car, on ebay, and converted it to be a propane powered jet engine. He presented us this project at our meeting last month, with video of it running, though he didn't run it for us because he is further tweaking it (with dad's permission, but without mom's knowledge ;)), and it wasn't at a state where he could run it for us yet. Fun stuff.

I was asked to contact you regarding Young Eagles. I am flying them for the very first time on Saturday. I will email you for a code.

I've read the book (purchased from Amazon, if I remember right), and have also given the code to Young Eagles. I think we had 69 Young Eagles fly that day. Thanks for bumping this - Tim, if you could PM me a code for Young Eagles, we have a YE event the third Saturday of every month at our chapter.
http://www.690.eaachapter.org/youngeagles.htm

Just one example of what giving a child a flight can inspire: One of our Young Eagles took his first flight at age 11. He is now 18, has his PPL, is about to start college to study business and aviation engineering (IIRC - don't remember the specific fields he has chosen). His high school requires a senior project in order to graduate. It has to meet certain requirements, like have a 5 page report, result in a deliverable, spend at least 15 hours on it (IIRC), and more. He now has the record for spending (IIRC) 118 hours on his project, wrote a report much longer than 5 pages..... He bought a turbo injector from a car, on ebay, and converted it to be a propane powered jet engine. He presented us this project at our meeting last month, with video of it running, though he didn't run it for us because he is further tweaking it (with dad's permission, but without mom's knowledge ;)), and it wasn't at a state where he could run it for us yet. Fun stuff.

Thank you, just got my code from Tim. I will give it to the kids that are in my plane and also to the registration tent with the organizers who can give it to the parents. I will let them know it is for Young Eagles only, though I've heard a lot of the parents end up taking flying lessons and not the kids!

You're welcome, Kimberly. Now go have fun, and inspire those kids! :D

I / we will. We're going to have 3 CFI's and a G1000 (turned on / hooked up to power) for them to climb into. I'm bringing a Ground School teacher from the local college to hand out brochures for next semester's class. We're setting up a tent for the flight school with free waters and other free stuff. Should be a great day, plus it is display day at the airport so Vintage aircraft will be showing.

I bought the ebook version a while ago. Good read.

I / we will. We're going to have 3 CFI's and a G1000 (turned on / hooked up to power) for them to climb into. I'm bringing a Ground School teacher from the local college to hand out brochures for next semester's class. We're setting up a tent for the flight school with free waters and other free stuff. Should be a great day, plus it is display day at the airport so Vintage aircraft will be showing.
Sounds like a great day for YE then!

We have a ground school instructor who sits with the kids and helps them "fly" with a couple computers that have flight simulator on them. We usually have about 5-7 planes, and plenty of ground crew. We do this every third saturday of the month, and last month's even flew 85 kids. That was a long day!

Back