Yikes!!!

You'll be fine. Or you won't and you'll get some extra instruction and then be fine.

You did it once for an examiner. Doing it for an instructor should be a piece of cake.

Take a deep breath. It's ok!

Remember, you can't really fail either. The worst that can happen is that you might have to do an extra session or something :)

yeah...i geuss it cant be that bad. Thanks for the comments guys. Im all for gettin the cobwebs off and becoming a better pilot. I've been goin to the airport the past couple weeks practicing my flows and getting some dry time in the cockpit just visualizing flying my approach and scan. Flight sim helps too!

Cant be as bad as my IR checkride...the GPS never went active on my last approach...and yet I decended...DOH!:eek: Shoulda gone missed. I was doing PERFECT...so I jumped in the plane a couple nights later for a GPS Approach and that was that. Wont be makin those kinda mistakes again!

I'll keep ya posted.

Last edited:
mpartovi said:
yeah...i geuss it cant be that bad.
I know you're trying to make the best of it, that's what humans do but we need to be honest with ourselves WRT our capabilities and proficiency.

Wont be makin those kinda mistakes again!
Yes you will. Maybe not that particular mistake but you will make that type mistake again.

My entire concern is that as humans we tend to minimize errors but as pilots we can ill afford such behavior. So, the game is two part: increase and maintain our proficiency; ident and avoid behaviors which are detrimental to our health. It goes beyond the 5 hazardous attitudes we learned about.

I'll keep ya posted.
Please do, we all learn.

Happy flying

Review your POH, the AIM (especially IFR procedures and types of airspace), the lost comm rules, and weather products, and you should be fine.

Alright...so the VFR flight went fine. Wind was about 28015G25...did some steep turns, stalls, slow flight. Then went over to KARR to do some tower work and some landings. They were decent...but I clearly had some rust to clear off. My muscle memory is all but gone. But finally got back into the hang of things. Didn't get to my IPC stuff...but got in some hood time and unusual attitudes, so I rescheduled for early next week.

Gonna get checked out in the DA40-180 w/G1000 Panel!!!
Im pretty confident with my instrument work...so I'll have to just get the G1000 checkout and the DA40 checkout with my IPC. My FBO's runnin a fly 3 hours pay for 2 deal...so gonna get in on that while it lasts!

Man it feels good to fly again.:yes:

mpartovi said:
Gonna get checked out in the DA40-180 w/G1000 Panel!!!
Im pretty confident with my instrument work...so I'll have to just get the G1000 checkout and the DA40 checkout with my IPC. My FBO's runnin a fly 3 hours pay for 2 deal...so gonna get in on that while it lasts!

Is that at Clow? I might have to go down there just for the heck of it. I love the G1000, I love the DA40, and it'd be awfully nice to get 3 for the price of 2!

Yes sir...Clow.

I just wrapped up my Biennial...and have my DA-40/G1000 checkout tomorrow night, followed by my IPC on wednesday night. This is gonna be fun!

They run at $138wet/hr. So the 3 for 2 puts them right at $92wet/hr....only till the end of Feb.

Back