Yet another logbook question, and one about Flight Following.

Keep reading...A B C D need to be satisfied as well.

So since Joe is not acting as PIC he is under "the supervision of a qualified PIC" Ted. But Ted doesn't have CP, ATP or CFI certificates.. So?

Anyhow just playing scenario and thinking out-loud - nothing else. :)

You have to look at ALL of (e)(iv). When you do, you see that it does not apply to this scenario. (e)(i) does and that is as far as you have to go.

Back to the Flight Following (if you don't mind):

"Albuquerque Center, Cessna 12345"
"Cessna 12345, stand by"

...5 minutes goes by, I call again.

"Albuquerque Center, Cessna 12345"
"Cessna 12345, go ahead"
"Cessna 345 is 3 miles east of OATES, request flight following"
"Cessna 345, squawk 1234"
"Squawk 1234, Cessna 345"

...3 minutes goes by.

"Cessna 345, squawk 1234"
"Squawk 1234, Cessna 345"
"Cessna 345, say position"
"Cessna 345, is 17 miles east of winslow"
...2 minutes goes by

"Cessna 345, I don't see you on the radar, flight following terminated, squawk VFR"

"Squawk VFR, Cessna 345"

12,000 work pretty good around Winslow, N AZ and N NM. CO can take more. They lost me for 20 minutes when I was at 16, 000 over Monarch Pass.

Being a low blood pressure vegetarian guy, I think I might give the phrase "flying high" a whole new meaning - I'm not sure I want to try 12,000 just now, with no o2. But that's cool you did!

Being a low blood pressure vegetarian guy, I think I might give the phrase "flying high" a whole new meaning - I'm not sure I want to try 12,000 just now, with no o2. But that's cool you did!

For extended time above 12 I was on O2. And of course the flight at 16 was also. I don't like being high all the time either. More to see lower. But if you want ATC you have to fly fairly high in the mtn west if you're away from the cities.

But if you want ATC you have to fly fairly high in the mtn west if you're away from the cities.

ABQ to PHX was interesting. Only place I've ever gotten "RADAR contact lost, will pick you up again in 30 minutes. Remain this frequency." I was at 10,500'.

ABQ to PHX was interesting. Only place I've ever gotten "RADAR contact lost, will pick you up again in 30 minutes. Remain this frequency." I was at 10,500'.
isn't 10,500 only about 2000 feet agl through that pass?

Yes. Daylight, CAVU, zero wind. Was so nice out, I was sightseeing. ;)
I love going low and slow on a beautiful day but that explains why they couldn't see you!

(which may be a good thing depending on how low you like to go!)

Back