Yet another (intl.) airline hazard

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I have read that this has happened before in other countries, I think it was cocaine that was planted in pax bags by folks testing security personnel.
In this case, the police raided the pax's home, interrogated him for hours, "no charges" (!!!) and he was released.
Sure hope they do it differently here.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/slovak-man-takes-hidden-267532.html

Dave your right. A year or two ago the Japanese planted Marijuana in a passangers luggage to test their detection methods. Well the test went to pot ( pun intended). I recall the real concern was if this guy flew onto Indonisia or Malaysia he could have ended up being put to death based on their incredibly strict drug laws.

Its unbelievable that they would even use pax as test rabbits.

I have read that this has happened before in other countries, I think it was cocaine that was planted in pax bags by folks testing security personnel.
In this case, the police raided the pax's home, interrogated him for hours, "no charges" (!!!) and he was released.
Sure hope they do it differently here.

Yep here they would have charged you anyway and you would have spent thousands of dollars to clear your name.

Reminds me of when Massport hid a bomb - Yes, a real one - On some vehicle at KBOS to test their detection methods. And then lost it. I never did hear if they ever found it!

Back