Yet Another Flying Car, but this one is elegant...

I'm waiting on the Moller to go into production before I decide which one to buy.

It's no good if it needs a runway. When someone builds a quad rotor with fly by wire joystick controls there will be 'flying cars'. For that we need to improve propulsion. Until that happens, we will continue to see these pretty dragon fly things.

I need to come up with a concept and some cool videos and see how many people I can get to fund me.:D

I'm waiting on the Moller to go into production before I decide which one to buy.

:rofl::lol::goofy::rollercoaster::tongue:

You gotta admit his other invention, the SuperTrapp muffler was a pretty doggone decent idea. I put a SuperTrapp 2:1 stainless system on my Harley Sportster 1200 back in 1996 and it's still holding up and running great.

:rofl::lol::goofy::rollercoaster::tongue:

You gotta admit his other invention, the SuperTrapp muffler was a pretty doggone decent idea. I put a SuperTrapp 2:1 stainless system on my Harley Sportster 1200 back in 1996 and it's still holding up and running great.
Cool I didn't know that. With Supertrapp wonder he bothered with the skycar scam.

Wonder where the line is drawn on what can be fixed in your garage or Autozone vs. A&P. I bet I know the answer.

And I bet even if someone mass produced this "car" that anyone could afford once they realized what avionics cost and maintenance costs, it would still only be pilots buying these.

I don't think there will ever be an every man's flying car.

Soccer moms would be busting bravo all over the place

While it certainly looks nicer than the Terrafugia, I still think it's practicality is relatively low. It's probably a pain to drive on the road and find a parking space for, and I wonder how well it actually flies. Especially at max gross. This is a minor detail, but I think they may have to redesign the front of the thing. It looks like it would be very easy for a low time pilot to plop the nose of the car into the runway and smash it to pieces. All it would take is for the pilot to not let the rear wheels touch the ground first. This would be compounded by the fact that they seem to be marketing to mostly non-pilots, who probably would want to train in their new car-plane. The first flying cars that will actually be truly practical will most likely be gyro-copters and quad-copters. Even then it will still be licensed pilots who will fly them, because of skill and cost. Then there is the possible safety issue of thousands of these things trying to fly to pick up their kids from school or got to the supermarket at the same time. Automated collision avoidance would be mandatory, and full automation would be likely. All it would do is add cost and complexity, and probably price it right out of the hands of all but the wealthy, who can already afford fast and efficient transportation anyway. I just don't see flying cars catching on for a few more decades.

By the time anything becomes a reality, the "skill" involved will be minimal. They already have the control software, with the implementation of NextGen and a few sensors on the vehicle, collision avoidance will be automatic.

Moeller is not in the flying car business. He's in the grabbing-grant-money business and is very good at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toting around two engines is not efficient for either configuration. Back to the drawing board.

Back