yet another first tailwheel solo

Congratulations, George!

I think u cut your shirt after u post your first video.

I had one of those too. I never cut a shirt. I must be a heathen.

Congrats,don’t be cutting up shirts,you need the cash for gas.

My instructor never cut my shirttail or mentioned it after my first solo back in '79. Oh well.

They tried but I was wearing a nice shirt. Stupid tradition.
Skydivers have better rituals, they all involve beer.

^^^ really? the money to buy a new shirt could buy a couple gallons of 100LL.

Depending on the shirt of course.

^^^ really? the money to buy a new shirt could buy a couple gallons of 100LL.

Depending on the shirt of course.
I guess if you’re high maintenance. I can get a pack of Fruit of the Loom tee’s at Walmart for about $5. Sorry I just didn’t catch the connection.

I'm not a 12 yr old anymore, so I rarely if ever where T-shirts in public. Even a decent Polo type shirt is 3-4 gallons of 100LL.

But that was the gist of @frfly172's joke.

Why is it a stupid tradition, and why do you think cutting a solo students shirt doesn't involve beer? o_O
Ruins a shirt and I never met a professional pilot (CPI) that buys beer. Sure, they’ll drink it but their wallets seem to be riveted shut.

They tried but I was wearing a nice shirt. Stupid tradition.
Skydivers have better rituals, they all involve beer.

My CFI met me at the FBO with a beer after my first solo. Shirt remained intact. I’ll remember that beer forever.

I'm not a 12 yr old anymore, so I rarely if ever where T-shirts in public. Even a decent Polo type shirt is 3-4 gallons of 100LL.

I wore a t-shirt from a bar on my complex lesson today and changed into a Marvel comics shirt for my post briefing.

Really? I’m barely less than 4x12 in age and I wear t-shirts and shorts almost* everywhere. Including work. Maybe you need to get over what you think is “adult” attire. Times have changed since the ‘70s.

*not skiing. That would be too cold :D

Really? I’m barely less than 4x12 in age and I wear t-shirts and shorts almost* everywhere. Including work. Maybe you need to get over what you think is “adult” attire. Times have changed since the ‘70s.

*not skiing. That would be too cold :D
I'm less than 5x12, and I wear shorts with long-sleeved white oxfords that have the collars cut off...cheaper than sunscreen, and I don't accidentally put on the wrong shirt when I go to work.

5.5*12 and I have half a closet full of tee shirts.
Right now I am wearing a black pocket tee under my collared shirt - makes it easy to "change" out of work clothes when I get home.

But, back to tailwheels, some airplanes like to wheel land, some airplanes like to thee point. Some pilots like to wheel land, some pilots like to three point. It works best when they agree. :)

Back