yet another cogscreen question

P

pilot guy

Was deferred last month for a prior diagnosis of depression (now in remission), got the letter requesting (demanding?) more information today. I'm very comfortable with the process and have everything set up already, but I've got a quick question: it seems from reading around here that the core battery isn't used unless you fail the cogscreen, but in my case they're requesting the core battery and no cogscreen unless the battery shows that something's off. Why the difference? I'm totally find with the process either way, just curious about why my experience might differ. Has anyone done it in this order?

I'll answer a question with questions...

1. Have you already retained the services of a HIMS AME?
  2. If yes, wouldn't your questions be better answered by him/her since they have real time experience in these matters?
  3. Do you really trust the opinions of SGOTI's versus a HIMS AME who really knows his/her stuff?
To Quote Dr. Bruce's coffee mug:

upload_2020-2-19_16-39-22.jpeg

I'll answer a question with questions...

1. Have you already retained the services of a HIMS AME?
  2. If yes, wouldn't your questions be better answered by him/her since they have real time experience in these matters?
  3. Do you really trust the opinions of SGOTI's versus a HIMS AME who really knows his/her stuff?
To Quote Dr. Bruce's coffee mug:

View attachment 82896

Yes.

No.

I'm asking for experiences, not opinions, so n/a.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take the FAA to send you a letter following the deferral?

The PPP core battery is standard with any psych history (MMPI-2, projective test, etc...). It's far less onerous than COGSCREEN.

The PPP core battery is standard with any psych history (MMPI-2, projective test, etc...). It's far less onerous than COGSCREEN.

Kind of what I suspected, but then I wondered why it was used when someone failed the cogscreen. Seems like it would be the other way around? Anyway, just an idle curiosity question, like I said.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back