Yesterday was Blue Monday

alaskaflyer

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Alaskaflyer
...officially estimated by professionals as the most depressing day in the US for the majority of folks - failed New Years resolutions, credit card bills from Christmas, lousy weather over most of the country etc. etc.

So we are now over the hump :fcross:

Here's hoping that those of us who have had a bad time of it lately can now begin to slide towards something better.

(Trying to be upbeat today :redface: Only 8 weeks until spring!)

...officially estimated by professionals as the most depressing day in the US for the majority of folks - failed New Years resolutions, credit card bills from Christmas, lousy weather over most of the country etc. etc.

Here's hoping that those of us who have had a bad time of it lately can now begin to slide towards something better.

Hmmm.. I thought it was named Blue Monday in honor of the Colts going to the SB... at least that is the case around these parts... not very many depressed people around here this week..

Hmmm.. I thought it was named Blue Monday in honor of the Colts going to the SB... at least that is the case around these parts... not very many depressed people around here this week..

And in these parts, I think yesterday was referred to as "Blue and Orange Monday". Go Bears! :D

Keep an eye on them in two weeks. :p

Da Barce! Da Barce! Da Barce! Da Barce! Da Barce! Da Barce! Da Barce! :goofy:

Keep an eye on them in two weeks. :p

Da Barce! Da Barce! Da Barce! Da Barce! Da Barce! Da Barce! Da Barce! :goofy:

:vomit:

After the way they got whupped by my 8-8 Packers, I don't think "Da Bearz" deserve to be in the Super Bowl.

Count me as a Colts fan this time...

After the way they got whupped by my 8-8 Packers, I don't think "Da Bearz" deserve to be in the Super Bowl.

:yes: Thanks Kent.... I was starting to regret opening my mouth there for a few minutes...

I'll refrain from making any predictions... I've avoided doing so thus far during the playoffs, and it's worked out ok..

I grew up a Bears fan, so it's mostly a win-win for me either way...

Sorry for the thread-hijack...

Oh man... I think a 39-14 drubbing of the team with the NFL's #1 offense speaks a lot more about the Bears than a mostly meaningless game against the lowly Packers. But the worst is that I used to actually like you, Kent, and now I have no choice but to make you my sworn enemy. ;)

And, since I have the extreme misfortune (or not) of not being able to see the game on account of the fact that I'll be lounging on the deck of a sailboat in the British Virgin Islands with a cool drink in my hand, I'll go out on a limb and make a prediction: 31-21 Bears. Three rushing TDs, one Grossman completion for a TD, and a Robbie Gould field goal. You heard it here first! (And have a plate of crow ready for me, just in case.) :D

Okay, end of threadjack. :)

I thought you were going to comment it was the official day for Dims to gloat or something. As far as Bears, Colts, Saints, etc...

Part of me wanted the Saints to make all the way. Heck, with the Saints doing so well and the murder rate skyrocketed, it would be official. And, they said New Orleans would never recover! :D

Oops, did I continue the above? Squawk "Seven-Five-Zero-Zero"!

Last edited by a moderator:

8 weeks... or 20 weeks until my brother and I (hopefully) bag Rainier.

Cheers,

-Andrew

I'll go out on a limb and make a prediction: 31-21 Bears. Three rushing TDs, one Grossman completion for a TD, and a Robbie Gould field goal.

Grossman actually throwing a TD? Now that's a bold prediction! I think you should just be happy if he completes more passes to the Bears than he does to the Colts. ;)

Grossman actually throwing a TD? Now that's a bold prediction! I think you should just be happy if he completes more passes to the Bears than he does to the Colts. ;)

Heh, I think you'll appreciate this, Kent:

Two boys are playing hockey on a pond in a Chicago park when one of them
is suddenly attacked by a crazed Rottweiler. Thinking quickly, the other
boy takes his hockey stick, shoves it under the dog's collar, twists it,
and breaks the dog's neck, saving his friend.

A reporter standing nearby sees the incident and rushes over to
interview the boy. "Young Blackhawks Fan Saves Friend From Vicious
Animal," he starts writing in his notebook.

"But I'm not a Blackhawks fan," the little boy says.

"Sorry, but since we're in Chicago , I just assumed you were, says the
reporter, and he starts writing again. "Bulls Fan Rescues Friend From
Horrific Attack, " he writes in his notebook.

"But, I'm not a Bulls fan, the little boy says.

"Sorry, but since we're in Chicago, I just assumed you were, says the
reporter. "Bears Fan Rescues Friend From Mad Dog Attack," he writes
this time in his notebook.

"No, I'm not a Bears fan, either, says the boy.

"Oh, I assumed everyone in Chicago would cheer for the Blackhawks,
Bulls, or Bears, the reporter replies. "Well what team do you root for?"

"I'm a Green Bay Packers fan, the boy replies.

The reporter starts a new sheet in his notebook and writes, "Little
Bastard From Wisconsin Kills Beloved Family Pet"

:D

GO BEARS!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7502961056903516603&q=source:16880406755753426112

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8924720378315051595&q=source:10756053634180713830

the one with Michael Jordan and the Super Bowl Shuffle have been taken down off YouTube. copyright i guess. too bad :(

Ive never been much of a Bears fan, but I love doing "da bears" jokes. Had a teacher in High School who was a Bears superfan and we would always answer American History questions with either Ditka or Da Bears.

I have been down in the Tampa area this week. From the news/sports pundits I have seen this Superbowl is all about the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Both the coach for the Bears and for the colts were TBB coaches at one time.

Back