Yellowbird's New Home

Yellowbird

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Yellowbird
Here she is in the hangar
IMG_0280.jpg

The living room. I have plenty of airplane books to fill the bookcases. I need to get a proper rocking chair, and maybe a small fridge for drinks.
IMG_0278.jpg

The view from the living room. If I move the chair closer to the hangar door, I'll have a better view of traffic arriving on runway 10.
IMG_0279.jpg

The work area. It took a few hours to set up and organize.
IMG_0281.jpg

There's just enough room for the car.
IMG_0282.jpg

A downwind view of the airport. My hangar is the second from the right.
IMG_0284.jpg

There's a big hole in the ground just off the end of the runway. There seem to be a lot of these hole in the grounds in the midwest. I guess it was easier to dig these than to bring in some mountains for scenery.
IMG_0285.jpg

It's a little odd, turning base and suddenly gaining altitude AGL.
IMG_0287.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

You need a shower stall in there and you're all set.

Nice!

Always have liked teh Cardinal, first for its looks, then for how nicely they fly.

That hangar is entirely too neat and clean... :rolleyes:

Nah... Couch, TV, and 'fridge! :) But, a very nice start! Luv it!!

Nah... Couch, TV, and 'fridge! :) But, a very nice start! Luv it!!

The hangar has phone, cable TV, and Internet connections. I'm planning on putting a computer in, or at least a wireless router so I can use my laptop. A fridge is a must - I was getting pretty thirsty after several hours of moving stuf around. It's a shame I threw out my old TV a few years ago.

What do you mean "maybe a small fridge" Hell yes a small fridge AND a couch. Hamocks are good too. Beautiful hangar enjoy it.

The hangar has phone, cable TV, and Internet connections. I'm planning on putting a computer in, or at least a wireless router so I can use my laptop. A fridge is a must - I was getting pretty thirsty after several hours of moving stuf around. It's a shame I threw out my old TV a few years ago.

Then you can have a hangar-warming party and invite all your friends from PoA :D

You're a bit wide on downwind and base.

That's great. I need to get my hangar looking more like that one! Clean indeed!

There's a big hole in the ground just off the end of the runway. There seem to be a lot of these hole in the grounds in the midwest. I guess it was easier to dig these than to bring in some mountains for scenery.

Big talk outta someone from northern IL :p

Back