Yak partnership

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
1/5 partnership in Yak-52 available for immediate sale. Hangared OAK. New engine & rebuilt prop. U.S. Avionics, including GPS. Maintained by Russian mechanic. Great plane and partners, but moved and must sell. $15,000 or best offer. Contact (916) 847-8991 or yak52@surewest.net

Sounds like fun, don't it? And if you ever needed a reason to stay on the good side of the mechanic...

Richard said:
1/5 partnership in Yak-52 available Sounds like fun, don't it? And if you ever needed a reason to stay on the good side of the mechanic...

This is one of my lurking, nasty little dreams that just won't go away. The Yak 52 and Nachang CJ-6 are "affordabe" warbird type aircraft that look like a blast to fly. I think these are the perfect plane for a partnership as its more of a fun machine than, "I need it now to get somewhere" airplane.

Anthony said:
This is one of my lurking, nasty little dreams that just won't go away. The Yak 52 and Nachang CJ-6 are "affordabe" warbird type aircraft that look like a blast to fly. I think these are the perfect plane for a partnership as its more of a fun machine than, "I need it now to get somewhere" airplane.
They ARE a blast to fly!!

Ken Ibold said:
Just remember, the spin recover technique in this aircraft is DIFFERENT than in the wichita spam can.

Ken Ibold said:
Terry (CJ-6) and Rodger (Yak 52) are using our aerobatic practice area over the farm tomorrow to practice their routine for an airshow on the 4th. I'm hoping all that smoke will cut down on our mosquitoes. :)

As we feed them lunch I'm going to hit them up for rides at OSH again. :yes:

Here are pictures from their web site that I took last year when they practiced at the farm.

http://www.teamredwarbirds.com/to04/

Last edited:
Diana said:
Terry (CJ-6) and Rodger (Yak 52) are using our aerobatic practice area over the farm tomorrow to practice their routine for an airshow on the 4th. I'm hoping all that smoke will cut down on our mosquitoes. :)

As we feed them lunch I'm going to hit them up for rides at OSH again. :yes:

Here are pictures from their web site that I took last year when they practiced at the farm.

http://www.teamredwarbirds.com/to04/
WOW Those are great photos.

Richard said:
WOW Those are great photos.

Yes they are. They had a Yak/CJ team at our airshow at Front Range, CO last week. Very cool. I like the CJ's a little better, but wouldn't turn down the "good as new Yak 52", that AOPA is going to give away. Now why didn't THEY think of that? I'm calling Phil.

Anthony said:
Yes they are. They had a Yak/CJ team at our airshow at Front Range, CO last week. Very cool. I like the CJ's a little better, but wouldn't turn down the "good as new Yak 52", that AOPA is going to give away. Now why didn't THEY think of that? I'm calling Phil.
That was Terry and Rodger. I had invited Terry to Gaston's, but he couldn't come because of the airshow in Denver. Anthony, did you want to hear about Gaston's again? ;)

Hey, that would be a perfect airplane for AOPA to give away! Gee, then I could start that thread again about how many times to pull the prop through. :goofy:

Last edited:
Diana said:
That was Terry and Rodger. I had invited Terry to Gaston's, but he couldn't come because of the airshow in Denver. Anthony, did you want to hear about Gaston's again? ;)

Hey, that would be a perfect airplane for AOPA to give away! Gee, then I could start that thread again about how many times to pull the prop through. :goofy: ;

Hey, any excuse to mention Gastons is a good one. So I did get to see Terry and Rodger fly. They have some nice birds in that group. There is absolutley nothing like the sound of so many radial engines at one time. Awesome!

They put on a nice show BTW.

Yak pictures from today

Here are some pictures of Terry and Rodger at the farm today. They practiced their air show routine and headed out to an air show after Tom fixed his famous grilled hamburgers. We had some interesting visitors who saw the air show from the highway and came to investigate. ;)

Re: Yak pictures from today

Diana said:
Here are some pictures of Terry and Rodger at the farm today. They practiced their air show routine and headed out to an air show after Tom fixed his famous grilled hamburgers. We had some interesting visitors who saw the air show from the highway and came to investigate. ;)

Love the red, white, and blue in the outfits. :)

Carol said:
Love the red, white, and blue in the outfits. :)

Carol, how funny! I didn't even notice till you mentioned it. How appropriate!

They were three of the nicest guys. We tried to get them to stay for hamburgers. :)

Anthony said:
Ditto! I've had that exact same thought....

Diana said:
Here are some pictures of Terry and Rodger at the farm today. They practiced their air show routine and headed out to an air show after Tom fixed his famous grilled hamburgers.

Some sad news about Rodger. He died from injuries in an airshow crash last weekend. He was a nice guy, and a great pilot from what I observed. Very, very sad. :(

Very sad news indeed Diana. :( Sorry to hear this. Seems to have been a rough season for airshow performers in general.

Back