Yahoo! Got my medical

Bill

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
This page intentionally left blank
My first medical two years ago was a special issuance (granted for 6 years) for glaucoma, and this was the first one since. I got all of my exams and had my optho fill out all the proper forms and include all the test results, and visited the AME today.

Based on the letter from Silberman, and my optho's documents, I got an office issue.

Yipee!!!! (there was much rejoicing)

Bill Jennings said:
My first medical two years ago was a special issuance (granted for 6 years) for glaucoma, and this was the first one since. I got all of my exams and had my optho fill out all the proper forms and include all the test results, and visited the AME today.

Based on the letter from Silberman, and my optho's documents, I got an office issue.

Yipee!!!! (there was much rejoicing)

Cool.
It can get so that for some, of all the various piloting tests, the hardest part about being a PIC is passing the medical test.

Dave Krall CFII said:
Cool.
It can get so that for some, of all the various piloting tests, the hardest part about being a PIC is passing the medical test.

I was lucky, my special issuance was not complex, and it came thru in "only 6 months" from the date of my original exam. Some wait much much longer, and go thru many tests and expensive exams. My hat is off to all of them.

I'm just excited as all getout to get an office issue!!! :D :D :D

Dave Theisen said:
Great News, Bill. Have you scheduled the instrument checkride yet?

Not yet on the checkride. Everytime my instructor says time for checkride, my next flight falls apart. (see _A flying moron_ under Cleared for the Approach) Subsequent flights, including last night, have been good.

I had wanted to do the checkride by 11/10, as that is the 1 year anniversary of my PP ride, but that won't happen. Now, with holidays, work schedule and whatnot, I'm hoping to get it in by the end of the year.

I am ready to see the world again.

I did have to flip up the foggles and sneak a peak last night. We were on the downwind at 3000 getting vectors to ILS 20, and a Navy Beechjet was coming from the right at 2500, and passed directly underneath us. Approach had given us both traffic warinings. I sneaked a peak:
  1. Just to be really sure my safety pilot had the guy.
  2. I wanted to see the jet cross directly underneath us, and he did, we were right on top of each other with 500ft vertical seperation. Very cool.
Another aside, you know you're starting to click under the hood when you can tell in your mind where all the other planes are in relation to you. What was that old Navy quote, "Instrument flying is when you train the mind to believe there is sight beyond vision. (or vision beyond sight)" Or something like that.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back