Yag laser posterior capsulotomy for cataracts

U

Unregistered

I had interoccular implants placed in both eyes some 10-12 years ago. Everything was great until recently when my eyes developed some cloudiness. Yesterday the opthimologist told me I needed to undergo polterior capsulotomy using a lag laser in both eyes. One will be done on April 9 the 2nd on April 16.

Other than reporting this when I have my next medical and insuring I have a note from my physican stating he reports no abnormal results should this affect my medical?

On a side note, I have a little problem (glare) with night driving. Will this procedure help eliminate that grare or make it worse?

Thanks all.

I had interoccular implants placed in both eyes some 10-12 years ago. Everything was great until recently when my eyes developed some cloudiness. Yesterday the opthimologist told me I needed to undergo polterior capsulotomy using a lag laser in both eyes. One will be done on April 9 the 2nd on April 16.

On a side note, I have a little problem (glare) with night driving. Will this procedure help eliminate that grare or make it worse?

Thanks all.

The procedure should improve the glare.

Interesting that he is not doing them on the same day. The only reason for him to NOT do them the same day is a 50% reduction in his reimbursement for the second eye. (I do them the same day, if both eyes will benefit. If I were you, I would ask to have thm both done the same day for your convenience. If he refuses,ask why not and watch him squirm.)

Wells
(ophthalmologist, or "Eye MD")
(I have not addressed your flight medical question because I am not an AME, but I sure don't see why a YAG capsulotomy should cause any problems with a flight physical, as you will see better.)

Bingo! At first his office staff refused saying insureers would not pay for this. Then, saying if something would go wrong, I would have serious vision problems in both eyes. I countered by saying you mean if he were to screw up one eye its a given he would automatically screw up both eyes.

I have been friends with this doctor for 20 years. I even offfered to pay the difference on the 2nd eye.

His office manager said he would be willing to do this if the hospital will allow it..

The doctor got my cell phone # and will call me back.

Thanks for this information. By having them done on the same day will save me and my family a bunch of time.

Frequently overlooked fact: Somewhere further down in the hippocratic oath it says. Don't f-ing lie to patients!

I am having my left eye done today. Last week I had the procedure on the right eye. Vision has improved. However, I am miffed about having to endure this with my wife driving me on both days. The doctor gets paid more by doing this on separate days.

His office said it was the hospitals policy, but I am well known at that hospital and after asking one of the VP's about this, I was told the hospital has no policy and the doctor's office made this up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back