Yag laser posterior capsulotomy for cataracts

U

Unregistered

I had interoccular implants placed in both eyes some 10-12 years ago. Everything was great until recently when my eyes developed some cloudiness. Yesterday the opthimologist told me I needed to undergo polterior capsulotome using a lag laser in both eyes. One will be done on April 9 the 2nd on April 16.

Other than reporting this when I have my next medical and insuring I have a note from my physican stating he reports no abnormal results should this affect my medical?

On a side note, I have a little problem (glare) with night driving. Will this procedure help eliminate that grare or make it worse?

Thanks all.

Get a note stating that your treatment is completed, stating your best corrected vision after the procedure and reporting it on your next medical should be all that is needed. If you want to get all fancy you can have him fill out a form 8500-7 but I dont believe it is required.

Yes, glare is one of the symptoms of PCO. Getting the Yag done should improve it.

You will also need formal Either Goldman or Humphrey visual fields, within 90 days prior to your re-application.

Last edited:
Is this 90 days from my next 3d class medical or in conjuction with compliance of the time line for the SI I must follow or both? The SI compliance is this summer. The next medical is due in 17 months.

Oh, in that case I would synchronize everything to this summer. Post op at the "how's it doing" visit, bring an 8500-7 and the request for formal visual fields. Send that all to OKC and everything will work out timing-wise.

You will also need formal Either Goldman or Humphrey visual fields, within 90 days prior to your re-application.

It's a small world. Many, many, years ago my best friend worked at what was then Humphrey Instuments, building Field Analyzers. Ironically, he always wanted to be a pilot but his eyesight was too poor.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back