YAFSWS: Flywyth.com

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Yet another flight sharing web site...

www.flywyth.com Got the info they are launching via an email blast from Plane and Pilot.

FlyWyth.com brings together private pilots and passengers, allowing anyone to fly anywhere at an affordable price – on demand. Unlike other flight-sharing companies, FlyWyth allows users to discuss the terms of their trip through private email or phone – not on the website. FlyWyth is currently in the beta-testing phase and expects to launch to the general public in the next few months. By signing up today, you can help bring the freedom of private air travel to the world.
We've already seen the others get shut down by the FAR's and one even went to court about it. I wonder how far this venture is going to get... and if "not on the website" is their attempt at a new wrinkle to distance themselves from the rules.

Geez I don't think any of these can get around the holding out issue. Or the sketchy payment issues. Any pilot taking part in one of these is just asking for an FAA rep to play passenger and bust them. After a few get busted rest get scared off.

And since no business can run without revenue... I wonder how the monetizing happens.

Just like some other businesses that come and go quickly, they will take the money and when the crap hits the fan then its doors closed with no forwarding address. But the owner(s) will leave with money in the pockets.

Back