Yaesu FTA-230 + DC H10-13.4

RalphInCA

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
RalphInCA
I recently picked up a Yaesu FTA-230 to use as a back up radio. The unit came with a headset adapter. But when I use the adapter with my David Clark headset I can receive properly, but when I try to transmit, I get a high-pitched sound and the transmission results in an open mic (red transmit light stays on).

Has anyone used this combination of radio and headset successfully?

I know about having to screw the adapter all the way into the hole in the radio.

I recently picked up a Yaesu FTA-230 to use as a back up radio. The unit came with a headset adapter. But when I use the adapter with my David Clark headset I can receive properly, but when I try to transmit, I get a high-pitched sound and the transmission results in an open mic (red transmit light stays on).

Has anyone used this combination of radio and headset successfully?

I know about having to screw the adapter all the way into the hole in the radio.

Yeah, it's a problem with Icoms, too. There's feedback in the mic circuit.

The problem seems to happen only when a PTT switch is used. I don't remember if I've had the roblem with only the headset adapter or if it only happens when a PTT was used with that combination.

Icom service has a document explaining how to add an RF filter. I tried it with no luck.

I'm going to look for that doc now and will report back.

edit: Here it is http://www.icomamerica.com/en/support/kb/article.aspx?ArticleNumber=64JA571413

Last edited:
Back