Display name:
Bill S.
Let's see:

1) In the country illegally since 1999
2) Working off-the-books at a convenience store
3) Arrested LAST SPRING for selling alcohol to a minor
4) Used false SSN to enroll in school and open bank account

AND JUST NOW is arrested?????

Fat friggin' lot of good all those intrusive government reporting rules are.

GA suffers, and it takes the feds this long to find this guy?

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/local_news/article/0,1426,MCA_437_4085145,00.html

<quote from article>
When FBI agents walked into Mahmoud Maawad's spartan apartment at 3557 Mynders # 5 on Sept. 9, they found a desk, chair, computer and a Koran.

They also found an airline pilot's uniform, a chart of Memphis International Airport, and instructional DVDs, including one called "How an Airline Captain Should Look and Act."
<end quote>

wsuffa said:
Let's see:

1) In the country illegally since 1999
2) Working off-the-books at a convenience store
3) Arrested LAST SPRING for selling alcohol to a minor
4) Used false SSN to enroll in school and open bank account

AND JUST NOW is arrested?????

Fat friggin' lot of good all those intrusive government reporting rules are.

GA suffers, and it takes the feds this long to find this guy?

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/local_news/article/0,1426,MCA_437_4085145,00.html

<quote from article>
When FBI agents walked into Mahmoud Maawad's spartan apartment at 3557 Mynders # 5 on Sept. 9, they found a desk, chair, computer and a Koran.

They also found an airline pilot's uniform, a chart of Memphis International Airport, and instructional DVDs, including one called "How an Airline Captain Should Look and Act."
<end quote>

The one nice thing about having an enemy like Maawad is his susceptability to profiling. When we eventually get a white, radical-expatriot type American with the same intents as Maawad, well...

Dave Krall CFII said:
The one nice thing about having an enemy like Maawad is his susceptability to profiling. When we eventually get a white, radical-expatriot type American with the same intents as Maawad, well...

I submit there was NO profiling. If there were, he would have been caught and/or deported long ago. Note that the aircraft/terror investigation didn't even start until he was turned in by Sporty's (or whoever) for fraud.

wsuffa said:
I submit there was NO profiling. If there were, he would have been caught and/or deported long ago. Note that the aircraft/terror investigation didn't even start until he was turned in by Sporty's (or whoever) for fraud.

Probably there was none up to that point. I was envisioning a worsening case scenario where he was walking towards an airliner or such...

I dunno. I actually kind of think that he may just be someone who wants to get an education and his pilots license. Granted, he's doing it illegally, and therefore should be put out of the country, but aside from the fraud, I am thinking they'll find nothing to support terrorism.

Just my suspicion.

NickDBrennan said:
I dunno. I actually kind of think that he may just be someone who wants to get an education and his pilots license. Granted, he's doing it illegally, and therefore should be put out of the country, but aside from the fraud, I am thinking they'll find nothing to support terrorism.

Just my suspicion.

The fact that he had bought an airline captains uniform is very suspicious though no direct evidence.

NickDBrennan said:

Just my suspicion.

Looks suspicious to me.

Even if there is no terrorist connection, My opinion says this has to be a NO TOLERANCE situation. Ship him back from where he came from. Do not let him back in. He broke our laws. He is illegal. There are to many tax dollars spent on these illegals.

Something has to change to protect us from this illegal crap.
Does anyone ever think about how many Mexicans cross the border each day and how many Terrorist threats cross with them. They should let some of us handle the problem. We could1 guarantee they would not be so quick to illegally cross our borders.

Dogman

Back