Ya gotta love this mom!

when they say dont mess with Texas, they mean it

Just the way it's described. Assailant was attacking a kid, so then the teenager goes and punches him and a scuffle starts. I dunno. The account of the event by the teen set off my BS meter. Maybe it's just crappy writing or lousy storytelling. I read it over and over and keep thinking, "there's more to this tale ..."

Like they attacked the guy for whatever reason and made up the assault part, maybe?

Well, supposedly there's a 7 year old victim, who would have been interviewed and whose story would corroborate their account. I can't imagine any police officer going ahead and making a statement like that without knowing exactly what had happened. I can't imagine the responding officers not finding out EXACTLY what had happened - and if these folks HAD just jumped the guy, he would have been screaming bloody murder to the cops when they arrived on the scene - resulting in an even MORE detailed inquiry. Seems legit to me - but, again, my pov is based on the little bit I read.

Well, supposedly there's a 7 year old victim, who would have been interviewed and whose story would corroborate their account. I can't imagine any police officer going ahead and making a statement like that without knowing exactly what had happened. I can't imagine the responding officers not finding out EXACTLY what had happened - and if these folks HAD just jumped the guy, he would have been screaming bloody murder to the cops when they arrived on the scene - resulting in an even MORE detailed inquiry. Seems legit to me - but, again, my pov is based on the little bit I read.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Perhaps my skepticism is colored by continual local news here about how residents of some crime-riddled neighborhoods refuse to help the cops AT ALL, even when they themselves are the victims of violent crime. Seems the stigma attached to being a tattletale can lead to worse outcomes than the crime did in the first place. And that is a very sad indictment of the cultures involved.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Perhaps my skepticism is colored by continual local news here about how residents of some crime-riddled neighborhoods refuse to help the cops AT ALL, even when they themselves are the victims of violent crime. Seems the stigma attached to being a tattletale can lead to worse outcomes than the crime did in the first place. And that is a very sad indictment of the cultures involved.

Yeah. When a kid climbed into a city bus and shot it up, killing a student, the students started a protest movement. They were fed up with "them" killing us. Only 'them" was them, who are rapping to "Don't be a snitch!" Jesse jumped in weeks later, of course, but they just figure out an angle to blame "the man."

But reading the story the kid called for help as he was stopping the crime and the mom called the police before sticking the guy.

Missa

Back