XC Altitude selection

Me neither, but that's just a profile view window. Look up near the top under the "Weather" and "Pilot" tabs, and you'll see "Profile View" in smaller text. That brings up terrain vs. your altitude for the route.

I find myself wishing that AIFP had a VFR altitude optimizer.

Several times I've hit my head hard enough to draw blood. Several other times I've hit hard enough to break the overhead plastic and/or crack my headsets. Thank goodness I never experienced the dread sharp plastic embedded in the scalp. It's your noggin, use it when you want to.

Well, I"m only 5'2" so if I hit my head on the canopy then we'd be bumping along pretty good......... odds are it'll be a long time if never that I ride in one anyway.

I have bumped my head in the 152 a couple of times - lightly - and then tightened the belt.

In the summer in Alpine TX, it will be hot and I suggest you wear a helmet and strap in tight because they ride rougher than most in rough air.

Actually, I don't find it to be rougher - It just catches more bumps, I think due to the wing being 10%+ longer than most "normal" GA airplanes. For the same reason, it tends to have more of a rolling moment, but the bumps seem gentler even though there are more of them.

Back