X01 everglades trip

eman1200

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bro do you even lift
asechrest recently posted info about his trip to x01in southwest FLA, which is a trip I also wanted to take my parents on. There was good info in that post, so thanks!

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75660

So this morning I get checked out in a 2000 archer III out of KLNA, then met my folks at the field. Headed WSW to everglades, then called the Havanah cafe who picked us up at the field. We ate a fargin arse kickin lunch, i mean fantastic meal, then flew home. Pops took his turn flyin and did great. Mom, who I thought for sure would throw up or freak out or even pass out, was a real trooper. She worked the video camera for a bit, and once I took the lens cover off we got some good shots of the everglades!

- AC (that works) in a plane is just awesome.
- did 1 go around at x01 but only because dumbass (yours truly) screwed up the approach. Oh well, the actual landing was just fine.
- Phil (cfi) at Skywalker aviation at klna was great to work with, highly recommend him.
- not a huge fan of klna in general, too much traffic using too many rwys in a tight area.
- food at havanah cafe was worth the trip alone.

Will eventually post a few pics. 3.6 on the Hobbs.

Last edited:
asechrest recently posted info about his trip to x01in southwest FLA, which is a trip I also wanted to take my parents on. There was good info in that posht, so thanks!

http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75660

So this morning I get checked out in a 2000 archer III out of KLNA, then met my folks at the field. Headed WSW to everglades, then called the Havanah cafe who picked us up at the field. We ate a fargin arse kickin lunch, i mean fantastic meal, then flew home. Pops took his turn flyin and did great. Mom, who I thought for sure would throw up or freak out or even pass out, was a real trooper. She worked the video camera for a bit, and once I took the lens cover off we got some good shots of the everglades!

- AC (that works) in a plane is just awesome.
- did 1 go around at x01 but only because dumbass (yours truly) screwed up the approach. Oh well, the actual landing was just fine.
- Phil (cfi) at Skywalker aviation at klna was great to work with, highly recommend him.
- not a huge fan of klna in general, too much traffic using too many rwys in a tight area.
- food at havanah cafe was worth the trip alone.

Will eventually post a few pics. 3.6 on the Hobbs.

Glad you had a good time...:thumbsup:

Glad you enjoyed the experience,that's one of my favorite airports.

Nice work, and glad my thread helped prime you for the trip.

Are you flying that tan and green Archer I've seen parked right out front of the FBO? I've never flown into or out of KLNA, but I've spent a bunch of time there. The family has even had a bunch of picnics on that bench on the west side of the airport building. I love the "old airport" feel it has to it. There's nothing better than packing a picnic lunch and watching airplanes land and takeoff in a cool fall breeze.

Where do you live? I'm in Boca on the weekends. I can only assume you've scoped out my future neighborhood - Willis Gliderport F44. :D

.....Are you flying that tan and green Archer I've seen parked right out front of the FBO? I've never flown into or out of KLNA, but I've spent a bunch of time there. The family has even had a bunch of picnics on that bench on the west side of the airport building. I love the "old airport" feel it has to it. There's nothing better than packing a picnic lunch and watching airplanes land and takeoff in a cool fall breeze.

Where do you live? I'm in Boca on the weekends. I can only assume you've scoped out my future neighborhood - Willis Gliderport F44. :D

Yup, 67AP, nice plane. And yeah, there is a picnic table at skywalker, u can watch planes all day long.

I live in Charlotte but my parents are in boynton beach. It's been a challenge trying to find a plane, get checked out, and have nice enough weather to fly in.

Back