X Plane Cirrus Jet Short Field Landing Contest

StevieTimes

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
StevieTimes
I read in another thread that the Cirrus jet was hard to fly in X plane, so I thought I'd give it a try. I read nothing about the plane, so I had no idea what speed I should be "over the fence" at.

So I set up a situation in x plane. The files are attached. Each number higher gets you closer to the runway to start at, in case you don't want to mess around setting up or whatever. Start the game as a sunny day, choose Cirrus TheJet.
  • You are coming in to Flying Cloud, MN
  • You are on final for runway 36, 2690 x 75 feet.

Here is the challenge. I set the weather for sunny day, low-altitude wind layer=2,000 feet, winds 290 at 20. The second flight I forgot to set wind, I thought the situation would save that, but I don't believe it did. To really shorten the landing, you could blast the wind straight down the runway too. :)

I attached two of my attempts; one of them I accidentally released the brakes for awhile, that one will never win.

It's fun to fly in the sim, seems like it would be great to own if you had deep pockets!

Who can beat my short landing?

Attachments

• KFCM-Short Field Cirrus Jet XWind.zip
    8.8 KB · Views: 13
I had to make the video very carpy quality to upload.

Also, yes, that was a bit out of control, it was my first go, got a bit out of shape.

Attachments

• c4_19.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 7
Nothing is hard to fly in X-Plane.

Back