WX finally cooperated

Matthew

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Matthew
I've been trying to get a flight in for this whole month. Single digit temps, winds, and snow have pretty much kept me indoors and rescheduling.

Finally, this afternoon, temps in the Kansas City area got into the low 50's with mild winds and beatiful skies.

I took my daughter to Emporia (KEMP), just so we could both get out of the house. She took the pictures. I'll have to go back again soon so she can do a campus visit at Emporia State.

#1 - right after takeoff - that tall building just under the wing and behind the strut is Garmin, where all the cool stuff comes from.

#2 - winds aloft were smooth as glass, but surface winds were very gusty, we were rocking and rolling on final at Emporia. Made a very smooth landing though.

#3 - back home, a bit left of centerline

edit: D'oh - the pictures didn't go through!!

Lets try again!

Attachments

• DSCN0315.JPG
    DSCN0315.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 22
  • DSCN0323.JPG
    DSCN0323.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 12
  • DSCN0335.JPG
    DSCN0335.JPG
    900.2 KB · Views: 13
I feel your pain.....I hope to get out tomorrow for a few hours. This months wx has been crap here too. I'm needing a flying fix REAL BAD! :goofy:

Nice pic's!

Good luck!

We had about 40kt headwinds on the way out, but those tailwinds on the way back got us up to about 150kt ground speeds. All my flights for the longest time have been local: a half-hour here, and hour there. I was long overdue for a cross country somewhere, anywhere.

Back