WX-900 Stormscope Fault

ahkahn

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
92E
Hi guys,

One thing after another... Anyway, a few days ago I noticed some odd feedback on my Stormscope on a clear day. I kept clearing it and it kept coming back. It only happened for a minute or two before shutdown, so I didn't think anything of it (there were also several metal buildings around, and electrical wires). After flying it back after that, it seemed fine.

Today, upon startup, I got a WX MAPPING FAULT and an ERROR 11 PROCESSOR, which basically says in the manual "it ain't working". Tried several reboots, engine on/off. No dice.

I feel like I got this same error about 6 months ago, and ignored it since it was winter, but it ended up going away after a few flights and functioning normally. It's been working fine since it quit working ;)

Does anyone know what an Error 11 means and whether or not this is something fixable?

Thanks!

I have the WX-500 but I've never seen that error. I have, however, seen plenty of false discharges, almost always on a 315 deg relative bearing IIRC. No idea why it's always on that exact bearing, but most of them are. And they line up too, which tells me they're fake.

Anyway sorry not to be of more help.

<sarcasm on>

Error 11. Isn't that the one that means "for $1100, we'll repair it and send it back"?

<sarcasm off>

<sarcasm on>

Error 11. Isn't that the one that means "for $1100, we'll repair it and send it back"?

<sarcasm off>

I believe that's $1100 to diagnose the Error 11. Repair is additional charge.

Ha!

I spoke with the guy over at Stormscopes.net. Very nice guy. He does not currently repair the WX-900, but he did look at the book to see if he could find out what the error is. Traced it down to a display circuit board fault. He offered to help me coordinate with the factory on that. I'm going to play a little more with the unit before I go that route.

Great phone experience! Would recommend him over the factory $1100 diagnosis fee. ;)

-Andrew

Back