www.MyCancellation.com

If there is going to be a reasonable baseline for comparison, we would also need to see how many health insurance plans were cancelled in 2012, 2011, etc. Plans changing is nothing new. More frequent now? Probably, but not new by any stretch.

I went through a period around 2005-2008 where my employer changed health plans frequently. Does it count when your employer changes health plans and you have to change providers, or does that only count as a negative now that we're under the ACA?

If there is going to be a reasonable baseline for comparison, we would also need to see how many health insurance plans were cancelled in 2012, 2011, etc. Plans changing is nothing new. More frequent now? Probably, but not new by any stretch.

I went through a period around 2005-2008 where my employer changed health plans frequently. Does it count when your employer changes health plans and you have to change providers, or does that only count as a negative now that we're under the ACA?

All true. We have had to change carriers frequently, to keep rates and terms tolerable. Funny thing is, we'd often find the best plan one year was the same one we had to leave the year before. I guess competition is a good thing.

What I do see happening now is that the burden of complying with ACA requisites (many of which seem to this simple mind to be counter-0intuitive) is driving the cost of new plans way, way up for most.

Soooo... what you're saying is that there's no difference between changing plans to get a better deal, and being ordered by Big Brother to change plans to get a worse deal?

-Rich

Back