WWII Reenacting

SteveinIndy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
SteveinIndy
Smigaldi said:
I have never heard of WW2 reenacting. I have been to many Civil War reenactments and had a great time. A couple of my friends are really into it, including actual participation. They travel in the summer going to many reenactments, they even went to Gettysburg and were in the movie that Ted Turner shot there about the battle.

So tell me more about the WW2 reenactments. If you want to start a new thread that is cool too.

There is an increasing number of WWII reenacting events throughout the nation. They range from small affairs with a few dozen reenactors to the larger events such as Rockford, Fort Indiantown Gap (PA), etc where there are several hundred people involved. A lot of us also go to Oshkosh, which is why I will be there this year. I don't have any pictures on my computer of events and such, but I can ask Claudia (my fiancee) if she can give me some of her photographs to post. She does a war correspondent impression (so plenty of pictures; BTW, if anyone wants really great photos of their planes or their group at Oshkosh this year, drop me a line and I will put her in touch with you. She used to do commercial photography) and also a WASP (Women's Air Service Pilots) impression. In my case, I do an US Army sniper impression or a medic impression in a glider infantry unit depending upon the event.

Back