WWD info??

Chache

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
i-intheSkyraider
Might be going to Wildwood NJ...01/06/06 if the VMC weather cooperates...
(C-152)

I see there are Landing fees, Tiedown fees, and Parking fees in the AFD.
Anyone have the current number$ ?
Do they waiver for fuel purchases?

Also want to see the NAS Museum...
Any info appreciated.

Skyraider

Last edited:
Can't remember the financial details from last time I was there, but the museum is great (a couple of hours worth) and the restaurant is excellent.

How long are you staying? If you park by the museum, AFAIK there are no fees, no nothing, but no overnight parking. I've flown there at least a dozen times. In fact, at that end of the taxiway things seem almost deserted, even the museum. The museum has a pretty impressive little collection, and the people are very friendly. Antonino's restaurant is closed -- didn't last long.

I've never been down to the FBO (Big Sky), maybe they charge you for their services. You can overnight at their facility.

Can't remember the financial details from last time I was there, but the museum is great (a couple of hours worth) and the restaurant is excellent.

Last I heard (end of summer) the restaurant was closing. Try the Flightline or Antonio's at Millville (MIV), they are both open.

Yeah.... A visitor to one of the airports I work at!!!

Restaurant is closed.

Park near the operations "shack" at taxiways Bravo and Alpha, you will see the DRBA sign. This location will put you close to the gate for the museum. If you do need fuel the FBO is Big Sky and they will take care of you just fine.

Naval Air Station - Wildwood
Visit the NAS Wildwood Aviation Museum located at the Cape May Airport. See http://www.usnasw.org for a calendar of events

Delaware River and Bay Authority - Cape May Airport

Last edited:
I also don't recall any fees and recall the restaurant is closed which is a shame. The museum is great though.

Is this your first solo X-C Charlie?

Lee,
Affirmative..
Have been waiting so long it seems, for favorable weather / wind conditions.
Maybe today??? After all, it is my 62nd B'day today. Yeah..... :rofl: :rofl:

Gary,
Thanks. You working today? If I do get to go, I'll be there between 2- 4 PM. Blue/White 152, N24399

Flyersfan31
Planning, on staying just for a couple of hours... My first 50+ nm X-C, and........
I thought I might as well see the museum, while I'm at it...

Hey Happy Birthday Charlie :cheerswine: ! I hope you get to spend it in the air.

So is a a go? The winds look a little high. Not sure what limits your instructor put on you.

Hey Happy Birthday Charlie :cheerswine: ! I hope you get to spend it in the air.

So is a a go? The winds look a little high. Not sure what limits your instructor put on you.

Thanks Lee. I was looking for the X-C and B'day to be simultaneous....but... No such luck!

Instr. said "tomorrow, would be a better day" and left the decision to me.
I waited at the school till it was too late, to get there, and get back before dark (even without a museum visit) .

But nope, today the winds didn't get below xx-G19.
3 PM W 18kn
2 PM W 12kn
1 PM W 13kn

I decided to go home. Will try again next week.

Hopefully I can get in an hour or so to brush up, in the pattern tomorrow,
(to see if I have forgotten how to fly)
as it's now been one month, three days, since....

Can you spell "Frustra..?..?...?" (sighing quietly):( :(

Charlie

Charlie,
I was wondering if you made way for WWD. The winds were blowing pretty good here at KILG. I waited until almost noon for wx to clear out, then the winds were 14kt gust were +20 so I decided not to even bother and uncover 679er. If the wx is good I may head to MIV for breakfast then swing through WWD for some landings.

I work at the delaware memorial bridge facility but I manage contracts at the airports. At least you'll have new lights and signs at WWD !

METAR KILG 061651Z 25010KT 10SM CLR 20/16 A2973 RMK AO2 SLP066 T02000156

METAR KILG 061751Z 27023G26KT 10SM CLR 22/09 A2972 RMK AO2 PK WND 28028/1749

Almost forgot HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

Thanks Lee. I was looking for the X-C and B'day to be simultaneous....but... No such luck! ...Can you spell "Frustra..?..?...?" (sighing quietly):( :( Charlie

Sorry to hear that Charlie. I know you've been trying to get the X-C in for a while. But such is aviation.

Charlie,
I was wondering if you made way for WWD. The winds were blowing pretty good here at KILG. I waited until almost noon for wx to clear out, then the winds were 14kt gust were +20 so I decided not to even bother and uncover 679er. If the wx is good I may head to MIV for breakfast then swing through WWD for some landings.

I work at the delaware memorial bridge facility but I manage contracts at the airports. At least you'll have new lights and signs at WWD !

METAR KILG 061651Z 25010KT 10SM CLR 20/16 A2973 RMK AO2 SLP066 T02000156

METAR KILG 061751Z 27023G26KT 10SM CLR 22/09 A2972 RMK AO2 PK WND 28028/1749

Almost forgot HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!

Gary,
As you've probably guessed by now,( or read the above....)
Nah! I didn't even get to do a preflight... or a wx brief

It'll be IMC in the AM ...
as it is supposed to rain here again 01/07.
Today, we had rain and OVC 300' till close to 11 Am.
I was scheduled for 2, and kept hoping it would break.
It went almost severe clear, around 12:30, but that lasted only about 10 minutes, and then the winds picked up once more. Would have been good but for the gusts.

I painted part of your bridge, back in the mid-late 60's.
Geo. Campbell Corp. was the company.

Oh... thanks for the B'day wishes.

Back