Wunderin: Secure area? How?

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
That Tribune article on the worst airports brought up a question. There are "malls" in the secure area.

OK. So that means that there can't be any contraband in those stores...So, are they prohibited from owning scissors, knives, or box cutters? How do they run a business? How do they make food? How do contractors, say, cut carpet? :dunno:

Will I get on a watch list just for asking?

Another one just occurred to me. At the TSA gate, I lost the diet pop I had I forgotten in my backpack.

Then I walked 200 feet past the security gate and bought a bottle of diet pop. :dunno:

Another one just occurred to me. At the TSA gate, I lost the diet pop I had I forgotten in my backpack.

Then I walked 200 feet past the security gate and bought a bottle of diet pop. :dunno:

Well, I can't speak to knives etc. used in businesses in the secure area, but no one is saying that pop is inherently dangerous, it is explosive and or toxic material brought aboard an aircraft in a pop container that is potentially dangerous. Food items sold in secure areas are >supposedly< screened before they are stocked on shelves.

Remember what we are talking about here, the SECOND definition of security:

2. Freedom from doubt, anxiety, or fear; confidence.

Remember what we are talking about here, the SECOND definition of security:

2. Freedom from doubt, anxiety, or fear; confidence.
How about freedom from stupid people and bureaucracy?

You wouldn't believe the amount of junk I had to go through and stupid test I took to be "certified" to hand packages to an airline or freight forwarder. But, I can file an IFR flight plan and land a small aircraft behind the fence... as long as I'm willing to pay landing and ramp fees. :rolleyes:

Back