Wts: Garmin GPSMAP 396 $600

smccray

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
smccray
Title says it all. GPSMAP 396 that spent most/all of its life mounted in the rear view mirror position in my Mooney. Items included & condition are as follows:

GPS Unit: very clean; a couple marks on the back where the box slides into the Ram mount. I believe the prior owner generally left the unit in the plane, so it didn't get banged up in a flight bag
3 Attached Antennas: not sure why there are three, but the antennas weren't used in my Mooney. Best I can tell they spent their life in the carrying case
Garmin External GPS Antenna: The small rectangular antenna that sits on the glare shield; one small mark on the top of the antenna; this wasn't used in my Mooney
Garmin GMX30 XM Antenna: The large round antenna; worked well in my plane, but there's some adhesive on the bottom of the antenna. The XM weather and music worked perfectly when I removed the unit from my plane.
Gilsson Technologies Amplified GPS antenna: plastic on the top is cracked and there's some adhesive on the bottom; the antenna worked fine when it was removed from my plane ~a month ago
Ram 396/496 cradle: has a ball mount ready to integrate into your yoke or suction cup mount
Power chord: plugs into your airplane power port. My plane is 28V, but I assume it will work for 14V as well.
Carrying Case: A little dusty from sitting in my hangar, but in good shape

Databases:
Aviation Data 7/2/2011
Obstacle Cycle: 11/20/2008

Assuming my Saturday morning plans hold I'm happy to deliver the GPS to a DFW area airport mid day, but I'll work out the details with the buyer. Otherwise, I'll drop it in the mail.

Scott

Back