WTF Apple?

MS drives me nuts with some of the changes they put in. You've learned MS Office and then they change it so you can't find things that you've known how to do for years.

... so that MS and their partners can sell you lots of training materials to go with the software!

There's a reason civilians don't have access to nuclear weapons, and that's to keep Redmond, WA from glowing in the dark.

:rofl:

Another idiosyncrasy since 12.xxxx

My adaptive brightness is wonky. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't and, when it doesn't, I have to manually adjust it. It used to always work.

iPad 5.

If you don’t have 3D Touch, press and hold on the space bar to enter selection mode, the lets will go blank. Slide the cursor where you want it, then without removing your thumb, tap anywhere on the blank keyboard with another finger and you should be able to drag a selection box wherever you want.

Bingo! That works! Thank you. The link that Stewartb provided didn't include that second bit of info which is key to "selecting" instead of just "placing."

After playing with it, I still have an issue with this. Once you get the text you want selected and "release", you don't get the "cut-copy-replace-B/I/U-look up-share" options like you do when highlighting text the "old way." The only thing I can do is hit the "back button" to cut. Is there a way to get this menu to pop up?

I still get the cut, copy, replace menu. You might be on a different keyboard.

After playing with it, I still have an issue with this. Once you get the text you want selected and "release", you don't get the "cut-copy-replace-B/I/U-look up-share" options like you do when highlighting text the "old way." The only thing I can do is hit the "back button" to cut. Is there a way to get this menu to pop up?

Once I have the text I want highlighted, I have the two “cursors” at the beginning and end of what I have selected. If I tap on one of those cursors (blue line with a dot on top or bottom) I get the cut/copy whatever other buttons are on there.

For some reason Tapatalk doesn’t allow selecting text, have to go to web view.

Back