WTB used Exhaust Temp Gauge

wby0nder

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Matt Michael
If you've got an old EGT collecting dust I need one hopefully with a probe. Doesn't need to be yellow tagged. Yea, I've checked Ebay and there are bunches but was hoping to spend less. Combo EGT CHT would be fine too.

Thanks,
Matt

Maybe I should have posted in Classifieds?

Is this for your glider? ;)

Yes in fact. It functions as a back up altimeter. The higher you get the more exhaust you emit.

Actually for my Fly Baby with the A-75.

Yes in fact. It functions as a back up altimeter. The higher you get the more exhaust you emit.

Actually for my Fly Baby with the A-75.

I have a relatively good Alcor single EGT gauge and probe.

-lance

I'm just thinking out loud here, and if anybody would be willing to try it, Matt would be the guy: What about a remote cooking thermometer for a CHT probe? 0-400*F would be plenty of range for it. If you could find some way to attach the probe to the CHT probe mount, you could have a digital lightweight inexpensive CHT probe.

I'm just thinking out loud here, and if anybody would be willing to try it, Matt would be the guy: What about a remote cooking thermometer for a CHT probe? 0-400*F would be plenty of range for it. If you could find some way to attach the probe to the CHT probe mount, you could have a digital lightweight inexpensive CHT probe.

You may be on to something, Chris. After all, it would fit Matt's primary requirement: Cheap. :smilewinkgrin:

Cool idea. Wonder how long a cooking probe would hold up to hot exhaust?

Cool idea. Wonder how long a cooking probe would hold up to hot exhaust?

Well, if you're using it as a CHT, it wouldn't be in the exhaust flow, just touching the cylinder head in the 'correct' spot.

Well, if you're using it as a CHT, it wouldn't be in the exhaust flow, just touching the cylinder head in the 'correct' spot.

Rog, got mixed up with the EGT. Where can I find such a device as you mention?

Rog, got mixed up with the EGT. Where can I find such a device as you mention?

The aviation department of Wal-Mart. :) I have a remote thermometer that I use when smoking meats. The probe has ~2' lead on it to the actual digital readout. I'm guessing $5-10. Heck, you can even program limits on it so it will beep when you are running that beast too hot.

Edit: Sorry, $15: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7894646

I'm replacing the Westach CHT/EGT gauge with a JPI Classic Scanner as we speak.
It has the Exhaust pipe clamp style EGT and a 3/8-24 Bayonet type probe for the CHT. For your Conti you could get a $15.00 Ring-type sender and be all set!

If you want it it's yours...

Chris

Back