WTB STRATUS

mapasha

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
N1915W
FOUND ONE - THANKS FOR EVERYONE'S HELP>

Anyone have a Stratus they want to get rid of? Don't really need AHRS so prefer Stratus 1 but will definitely look at a reasonably priced Stratus 2.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have it at the airport FBO for sale. I'll check to be sure it's still available.

Still looking! Last seller disappeared into thin air. No replies.

Try Beechtalk as well. Seems a lot of guys are installing STced gear and selling their portables. Foolish in my opinion, but their gear, their choice.

I have one, but the USB connector has disconnected from the board, so I can't charge it. :(

I can probably fix that, Grant. I *might* have some soldering equipment and wire around. :D

A seller on ebay has one left (out of 7 he started with), for $350 shipped. I picked up one.

Although, if you're willing to put in the work and capable of it, go with the one needing soldering .

Seller on Beechtalk just posted a Stratus 1 for $400 shipped minutes ago.

That reminds me... I'm pretty sure, based on the sellers email address, screen name and address that the seller I bought from on ebay was Sportys pilot shot selling off the old inventory.

I have one, but the USB connector has disconnected from the board, so I can't charge it. :(

Appareo covered that repair for me Grant. No hassle at all. The one they sent back had a much better fit to the case so I don't expect it to break again.

Found one. Thanks for everyone's assistance.

Appareo covered that repair for me Grant. No hassle at all. The one they sent back had a much better fit to the case so I don't expect it to break again.
Thanks Clark. I contacted Sporty's, and they didn't offer a repair option, just credit toward a replacement. They would send me a new one for $150 or offer $150 for a Stratus 2.

Thanks Clark. I contacted Sporty's, and they didn't offer a repair option, just credit toward a replacement. They would send me a new one for $150 or offer $150 for a Stratus 2.

Well that tells us everything we need to know about Sporty's. Appareo was very easy to work with on resolving the problem. It was just about the easiest product repair I've ever had.

Well that tells us everything we need to know about Sporty's. Appareo was very easy to work with on resolving the problem. It was just about the easiest product repair I've ever had.

Maybe I'll contact Appareo and see if they can do something for me.

I hadn't made my post with the intention of offering the unit for sale, though I've received some interest. I'm not adverse to selling it, since I'm not using it currently.

I have one that has about 100 hours on it (in 7 months), all original packaging. I'd be willing to sell it because I want to step into a Stratus 2 (or the Stratus 3 if it comes out).

If you're still in the market, let me know.

Maybe I'll contact Appareo and see if they can do something for me.

I hadn't made my post with the intention of offering the unit for sale, though I've received some interest. I'm not adverse to selling it, since I'm not using it currently.
Just to close the loop, I took it with me to OSH and dropped it off with Appareo. They missplaced it (understandably, since things get hectic at OSH). I contacted them last week and they said "Oops, we dropped the ball" and said they'd ship out a refurbed model at no charge. Well, they then said they were out of refurbed Stratus 1 so would ship a refurbed Stratus 2 instead.

Meanwhile, I put the parts for a Stratux on my Christmas list. :)

Back