WTB Piper Arrow II or III

Morgan3820

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
El Conquistador
I am wanting to upgrade to an Arrow II (+73) or Arrow III (no turbo). Ready to buy, price no object-filthy rich. email Jess at jag1999@embarqmail.com or PM.
Seriously, if you are ready to sell, I am ready to buy.

Last edited:
Man... I've been window shopping last few weeks... Seems to be a lot of nice choices out there for someone "filthy rich" If I were, I'd already have mine..

Filthy rich? Can you buy me one too? :rolleyes:

Just curious, why'd you pick the Arrow if money isn't an issue? Future training leaseback or straight to a training bird?

Cheers,
Brian

Originally, I was planning on ordering a new Bonanza G36, but aside from being filthy rich and strikingly handsome, I am a physician and well....you know what they say about doctors and Bonanzas. I don't want to risk damaging such a fine aircraft.

Just kidding about everything...except wanting an Arrow. Currently I have a Warrior, which I like. I am just looking for a little more payload, speed. I understand Piper products. I cannot fit in a Mooney. While I think Bonanzas are awesome to fly and look great, the maintenance/part costs worry me.

Just kidding about everything...except wanting an Arrow. Currently I have a Warrior, which I like. I am just looking for a little more payload, speed. I understand Piper products. I cannot fit in a Mooney. While I think Bonanzas are awesome to fly and look great, the maintenance/part costs worry me.

Well, any aircraft is going to cost money if you pick something without doing a thorough pre-buy, doesn't matter what brand. Even then it's a roll of the dice but we like to play that game... :D

I haven't seen anything over the top with my Bo yet (knock on wood), but I understand that breaking the wrong part could be expensive if it has to come from Textron-Beechcraft. My previous Mooney M20E was pretty cheap to run over the nine years I owned it. I think averaging 100+ hours a year helped keep everything working properly. I upgraded because I was tired of my knees hitting the dash with folks behind me and it was to the point that it was pretty often, so.....my back seaters love it now.

Best of luck in the hunt!

Cheers,
Brian

If you were close I was going to say I MIGHT have a share in an arrow II for sale. But NC is a good ways away from MD.

Nah, I knew a couple Docs who owned an A36 that I flew for occasionally and gave training to, They were fine. If you want to stay in the Piper product line, ever consider a Lance/Saratoga? 6 place just like a Bo but much better W&B wise. I think we used to flight plan around 150-160, just a little bit slower than a Bo. Your transition from a Warrior wouldn't take long. Basically same panel as all Cherokees just heavier and faster.

I can't remember the last time I saw an arrow. I know there are jillions out there, but I haven't laid eyes on one in a while.

Arrow III are as common as hens teeth. Arrow II can be found at any used car dealership in the country. They also retain the lack of specialty mx of the pa28 and cessna 17x/18x line, which is an important ownership consideration for some of us.

I think the turbo III's are listed everywhere. a non-turbo III seems to carry a hefty price tag, in which case I'd rather get a mooney.

Trade a Plane shows 9 Arrow II's and 4 non-turbo Arrow III's. ASO shows 4 II's and III's. Controller.com shows 9 II's and 5 non-Turbo III's. A fine plane and there seem to be plenty of tires to kick.

What am I missing here folks?

Trade a Plane shows 9 Arrow II's and 4 non-turbo Arrow III's. ASO shows 4 II's and III's. Controller.com shows 9 II's and 5 non-Turbo III's. A fine plane and there seem to be plenty of tires to kick.

The right one....

TAP
Arrow II's
First one is $100K, ain't nothing that can make an Arrow II worth $100K
2. Canada
3. 10000+ hrs
4. Called about this one. Located in VI, not FL and the broker yelled at me for asking too many questions. Plus answers were inconsistent. Something funny going on.
5. Needs everything, and then some
6. Looked at this one, nice plane , in some respects, but it would take too much $$ to bring it up to what I want.
The rest are the short fuselage.

Arrow III's
1. $90K for mid time engine with KX170's...really?
2. Should be in the Turbo section
3. I have thought about this one a lot. Original panel, Great cosmetics, hours But $80K. Fixing the panel would bring it to $100K, see above comment. Might make a low offer. See what happens
4. Too much $$, too far.
5. Way too far, wouldn't know where to even start bringing a plane back from Germany, but touristing there in the Spring. Maybe should have a look.

The other sites are more of the same. If there was one that worked, it would be sitting in my hanger right now.

For the second time in less than two weeks I find myself agreeing with Unit74...was that a pig with wings I just saw flying by?

Last edited:
Okay this is an idea that might be too pushy but just wanted to discuss:

The FAA of course makes it (very) public who owns what and where - I bet there are underutilized Arrows in your home state. What about contacting every Arrow owner? Something I've thought about for other makes/models but this might just be too pushy.

Okay this is an idea that might be too pushy but just wanted to discuss:

The FAA of course makes it (very) public who owns what and where - I bet there are underutilized Arrows in your home state. What about contacting every Arrow owner? Something I've thought about for other makes/models but this might just be too pushy.

I've always believed that almost everything has a price on it. Just a matter of what you can afford before the owner lets it go...

I'd let my Bo go for the right price on a cold call and I wouldn't be offended at all, but the price it would take will get me a really nice cabin class twin... :rofl: :goofy:

Brian

If you think the online offerings of Arrows are a load of crap, try doing the same search for even lower volume aircraft like Bos, Comanches, 210s et al. I think you're gonna have to go word of mouth on this one. You'll have your dream bird in no time...
mg3xr.jpg

:D

Morgan,
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I've been scouting Arrows for awhile. I've had my eyes on 6 for awhile, but it is overpriced with the engine closing in on overhaul. Pro tip: the 1972 Arrow also has the extended fuselage. Many folks believe it starts in 1973, which is true of the fixed gear Cherokee.
Jason

Back