WTB. Piper 235/Charger/Pathfinder or 236 Dakota

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
I am starting an aircraft partnership in the northern Chicago area. We are looking to purchase an aircraft with the following: approx 1,100 plus useful load, 135+ knots, autopilot, IFR, preferably 430/530 WAAS GPS. Load, speed and autopilot are must have items. Please contact me if you know of such an aircraft.

I am starting an aircraft partnership in the northern Chicago area. We are looking to purchase an aircraft with the following: approx 1,100 plus useful load, 135+ knots, autopilot, IFR, preferably 430/530 WAAS GPS. Load, speed and autopilot are must have items. Please contact me if you know of such an aircraft.

Jay? Here's a possible buyer....

There's a JHernandez in TX that had one for sale a while back on POA. maybe do a serach.

be sure to sit in one and then sit in a PA32. You can get a 260 for the same price and maintenance.

Personally, I would eliminate the early model 235s. They predate the 5" fuselage extension that made the back seat actually usable for adults.

Post 1973, the 235 is the best SEL plane Piper made. It's versatile, rugged, relatively fast, low maintenance, and can carry anything you can fit inside. We loved ours for 11 years!

Personally, I would eliminate the early model 235s. They predate the 5" fuselage extension that made the back seat actually usable for adults.

Post 1973, the 235 is the best SEL plane Piper made. It's versatile, rugged, relatively fast, low maintenance, and can carry anything you can fit inside. We loved ours for 11 years!

Jay, contacted you but Atlas was already sold.

I'd modify that to say post 78. I know your pathfinder had the post '78 pants stc'd and that was expensive, though Im sure its cheaper than paying a premium for a -236. Other than that, the advice is spot on.

I can fit an adult on the right side back seat, but no way behind me when the seat is fully extended to the rear.

The early 235s have the 84 gallons capacity in 4 fuel tanks. Dakotas don't.

I can fit an adult on the right side back seat, but no way behind me when the seat is fully extended to the rear.

The early 235s have the 84 gallons capacity in 4 fuel tanks. Dakotas don't.

This has been my experience as well. I belong to a flying club that has a 69 235. Love the carrying capacity and the fuel capacity, but some of that weight has to go unused unless you have a very short pilot of which I am not. I'm 5' 11" and my 5' 7" teenager cannot sit behind me.

There are a few around with your criteria and just a few. Most who have invested that much into avionics are going to take a bath selling in today's market. I have a non-WAAS 430 and 250hp so I don't qualify. :nonod: Good luck with your search.

http://www.p28b.com/

There are a few around with your criteria and just a few. Most who have invested that much into avionics are going to take a bath selling in today's market. I have a non-WAAS 430 and 250hp so I don't qualify. :nonod: Good luck with your search.

http://www.p28b.com/

So Justin contact me.

Back