WTB: iPad Mini Yoke mount

Bonchie

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bonchie
Something that'll fit a 182.

"Like" might be putting it too strongly, but it's the only way I know of that will attach over the otterbox.

Wow! You like that universal X grip? I tried one and actually threw it out the window :)

Mine works great. OP I might have one for sale soon that would work great with your 182. A ram x-grip for mini with yoke mount. Got an ipad pro for xmas. Let me get back to you tonight, I am not sure if its in my flight bag or the hangar.

It looks like it clamps on to the tablet; how does that differ from the x-grip?

It looks like it clamps on to the tablet; how does that differ from the x-grip?

It's spring loaded and puts pressure on the top and bottom of the iPad. The upper and lower channels surround the iPad versus the X grip that only touches the sides at 4 points allowing it to potentially slip. It's rock solid, even in turbulence. I had an X grip for my iPhone 6 and it get slipping out in light bumps.

Cheers,
Brian

I'm planning on screwing a 1" ram ball to the lid of an otterbox defender case. That assembly will attach to a V-shape base with hose clamp thing (also 1" ball) via a 1" double socket.

That way the yoke mount assembly will hold my ipad mini in while in the otterbox defender.

I'm planning on screwing a 1" ram ball to the lid of an otterbox defender case. That assembly will attach to a V-shape base with hose clamp thing (also 1" ball) via a 1" double socket.

That way the yoke mount assembly will hold my ipad mini in while in the otterbox defender.

Is it a no-no to attach such a mount directly to the panel?

Is it a no-no to attach such a mount directly to the panel?

I'd have see it to understand what you would need or plan of attachment. Some have empty instrument holes that sure seem reasonable to screw blank plate into with a ball or something on it.

Some have empty instrument holes that sure seem reasonable to screw blank plate into with a ball or something on it.

That's exactly what I had in mind.

Back