WTB Halo headset

superdad

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
superdad
I tried to buy a set on the website but there back ordered. Thought I would try here and see if anyone had a set or knew of a set fore sale?

Twice the money, nearly.

Twice the money, twice as good right? LOL!
I looked hard at both and chose the Clarity. The music input and better eartips did it for me. I think the halo has music now???

Last edited:
Twice the money, twice as good right? LOL!
I looked hard at both and chose the Clarity. The music input and better eartips did it for me. I think the halo has music now???

Halo has aux in, absolutely. I prefer the design of the Halo, myself. If something gets snagged, it's a cheap audio tube to replace rather than the whole speaker.

still a backorder message on the site, seems like someone needs to buy this guy out and take over production

Keep your eyes out for them on other boards as well. I picked one up off of the biplane forum that I should start using next week.

still a backorder message on the site, seems like someone needs to buy this guy out and take over production

lol... I've thought that myself a number of times. Excellent product... but I get the feeling this is a hobby for him. Met him at OSH... :confused:

You can still order online. I questioned him and he said usually a 2 week turnaround.

I'll say that I did get mine much faster than anticipated. So maybe he is giving worst case scenarios. You know, they do only work something like 3 days per week or something crazy like that.

I'll say that I did get mine much faster than anticipated. So maybe he is giving worst case scenarios. You know, they do only work something like 3 days per week or something crazy like that.

I think the guy is a full time Doctor and builds headsets on the side.

I got my Halos for my birthday. My wife ordered them and got them in about two weeks. I don't think they are ever "in stock". You order and get them in a couple of weeks.

I got my Halos for my birthday. My wife ordered them and got them in about two weeks. I don't think they are ever "in stock". You order and get them in a couple of weeks.
When I bought mine, he quoted a month or so and I had them a few days after ordering. It was after the sun n fun rush, though, so maybe he had some extras laying around.

The good Halo Doctor is a PhD audiologist, with a full time practice. He is also a pilot.

I love my Halos!!

The way his site is set up now, you can't order it unless he turns on that function. So you're supposed to check back. I don't understand that business model. I've been checking back for weeks, finally I managed to get one on craigslist, can't wait to try it out next flight.

He should at the very least set up a notification or 'take a number' system where buyers are contacted and could even get 'dibs' when he is ready to make more. Seems like that could easily be automated into his web site.

The way his site is set up now, you can't order it unless he turns on that function. So you're supposed to check back. I don't understand that business model. I've been checking back for weeks, finally I managed to get one on craigslist, can't wait to try it out next flight.

He should at the very least set up a notification or 'take a number' system where buyers are contacted and could even get 'dibs' when he is ready to make more. Seems like that could easily be automated into his web site.
I agree it is a little frustrating, but its good stuff. I love mine.

Pretty sure the Halo guy doesn't read this forum. If you'd like to suggest a better way for him to run his business, you should probably contact him directly.

I was persistent and finally got one. Love it.

All you have to do is call his damn number on the site. He will tell you to send a email and he will put you on the list and get you one within a week.... How hard is it to call???
He says he can't find anyone that wants to work so his business isn't growing... It is basically a 1 man operation!

All you have to do is call his damn number on the site. He will tell you to send a email and he will put you on the list and get you one within a week.... How hard is it to call???
He says he can't find anyone that wants to work so his business isn't growing... It is basically a 1 man operation!
I was just following his web site's instructions. I figure if he doesn't want the orders placed on his website, I don't want to bother the guy by calling, he is busy making headsets(for someone?).

Anyway, I got one, seems like a quality product. I wish him luck.

Back