WTB C310

flykelley

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
flykelley
Hi Gang
My Boss is looking to buy a Cessna 310, needs to have low time engines, decent P&I. We can upgrade the panel if we have to.Somewhere around a 68N to a 72Q

Thanks Mike

Is Henning's still for sale? Beautiful panel on that airplane.
No de-ice for Michigan though.

Henning's is still for sale, but it's also an older model.

Ours isn't for sale, but I know of several that are. If you're interested, PM me.

Call Jerry Temple. He knows more about them than anyone else.

Yep, Jerry Temple is Mr Twin Cessna, he's sold a lot of them over the years.

I think the Turbo P or Q w/FIKI is the best value for a single or pair travelling light. If you have more then the extra space in the R becomes worth the extra costs of the R. If it's short/low altitude runs, skip the turbo. Personally I want either 470s or 550s, I'm not a huge fan of the 520s that came on 310s or T-310s

Key to operating a 310 cost effectively is to operate it as a 180kt airplane. "I bought a fast plane to go fast" is the same as saying "I bought a fast plane to throw hundred dollar bills out the window"

I think the Turbo P or Q w/FIKI is the best value for a single or pair travelling light. If you have more then the extra space in the R becomes worth the extra costs of the R. If it's short/low altitude runs, skip the turbo. Personally I want either 470s or 550s, I'm not a huge fan of the 520s that came on 310s or T-310s

Key to operating a 310 cost effectively is to operate it as a 180kt airplane. "I bought a fast plane to go fast" is the same as saying "I bought a fast plane to throw hundred dollar bills out the window"

The 520s on the 310 I fly are 300 hours past TBO, with the first 1700 hours flown by someone who "Bought a fast plane to go fast" and operated it as a 190 kt airplane. He spent more money on fuel by running it very rich of peak, but the engines did not suffer for it.

I would prefer 550s, but these 520s have served me well. I wouldn't shy away from them.

The 520s on the 310 I fly are 300 hours past TBO, with the first 1700 hours flown by someone who "Bought a fast plane to go fast" and operated it as a 190 kt airplane. He spent more money on fuel by running it very rich of peak, but the engines did not suffer for it.

I would prefer 550s, but these 520s have served me well. I wouldn't shy away from them.

I've never had a problem operating the -520's and always got great service from them. :thumbsup:

Well hopefully all those crap jugs I used to replace on them are gone and they aren't lunching crankshafts & cases on alternator drive failures anymore, because I used to see a fair bit of work from those and it was never cheap.

I've never had a problem operating the -520's and always got great service from them. :thumbsup:

Good to know I'm not the only one! :)

...and I know of a number of other happy -520 owners, too, both on this board and elsewhere.

Back