WTB: A Plane

Just don't be a large individual, there is a super Viking at my A&P school. It may be a sweet flying little plane, but I could not own one.

I'll sell you this one. It cruises 150 knots and seats 2 comfortable. Also WAY more fun than any other plane you will fly. And its not a smam can:D

Attachments

• fam pitts 001.jpg
    fam pitts 001.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 21
Ask Ken Ibold about how comfy a Pitts is as a cross country machine.

I'd be worried about the prop clearance on a Bo. Doesn't seem like a lot of room. And the stuff in wheel wells, etc. But heck, you live there. If there are lots of guys flying into these strips in Bo's, well, what do I know?

More specifically, Ed Frederick a.k.a. EdFred, is selling a nice Comanche, which is a retractable go fast airplane. He flies that thing into and out of a turf strip all the time. Like I said, what do I know?

Prop clearance is not an issue on any Bonanza I've seen or flown, and they make great airplanes for relatively short grass runways. The gear is tough for a retract with plenty of strut travel and they don't require a lot of runway.

Anyone interested in Bonanzas owes it to themselves to check out the one of the biggest and well mannered forums around:

www.BeechTalk.com

More comfy than my 172. I like having my own space to sit in. Take the chutes off and put the factory seat cushioons in it is great. Why wouldn't it be. It is very roomy. I love biplanes, once I flew one I knew I would always own one.

Back