WTB 77-82 Sundowner

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
I have worn out a keyboard searching the internet for a clean Sundowner with an avionics package I would not have to upgrade. While I have a fantastic club set up I'm tired of sharing a plane and cleaning up after others, it's time to move on.

So....I'm asking for fellow POA forum members to scour their respective airports and report back any finds that will meet my criteria.

TTAF <3500
TSMOH <1000
Paint 8/10 (no wild paint schemes)
Inetrior 8/10
No Corrosion problems and duct work replaced
GPS IFR Cert precision approach
Good nav/com w/GS
Transponder - Garmin GTX 327 a plus
AP w/hold
Engine/fuel monitoring a plus

I am on hold with two aircraft owners since they have deposits....I'm keeping my fingers crossed. In the mean time I must continue the search.

Thanks!

I have worn out a keyboard searching the internet for a clean Sundowner with an avionics package I would not have to upgrade. While I have a fantastic club set up I'm tired of sharing a plane and cleaning up after others, it's time to move on.

So....I'm asking for fellow POA forum members to scour their respective airports and report back any finds that will meet my criteria.

TTAF <3500
TSMOH <1000
Paint 8/10 (no wild paint schemes)
Inetrior 8/10
No Corrosion problems and duct work replaced
GPS IFR Cert precision approach
Good nav/com w/GS
Transponder - Garmin GTX 327 a plus
AP w/hold
Engine/fuel monitoring a plus

I am on hold with two aircraft owners since they have deposits....I'm keeping my fingers crossed. In the mean time I must continue the search.

Thanks!

JOOC, what's your budget?

Another question....do you enjoy going slow??? :D

Another question....do you enjoy going slow??? :D

Ahhhh....some may go faster but I need the two doors to help this replaced right hip of mine get in and out. Besides the extra cabin width is a nice thing. Others may go faster but I'll have more fuel to run a bit farther.....choices we all make. ;)

I did my IR in one. Very comfy, Two doors, built like a brick s**t house, just not all that fast. Actually that last feature was quite nice for learning, since nothing happened real quick :D

I completely understand your access "issues"!! Even with two doors, you still need to climb the wing.

If that's the major one, a Cardinal was, by far, the easiest aircraft I've ever seen for the ingress/egress thing - plus they just look cool! Don't know the pricing, are they way out of the budget range? OTOH, you do need to do a "climb" to fuel the thing.

Gary

since nothing happened real quick :D

Generally true, Ask The Redhead how fast things happen with <40 hours when you run the right tank dry on short, SHORT final! Like just before the threshold.

Also, the controls are very sensitive if you aren't gentle with them. Yank the yoke and you can get very out of shape very fast.

Generally true, Ask The Redhead how fast things happen with <40 hours when you run the right tank dry on short, SHORT final! Like just before the threshold.

Also, the controls are very sensitive if you aren't gentle with them. Yank the yoke and you can get very out of shape very fast.

Bo....what's the status on her flight training??

Bo....what's the status on her flight training??
It got put on hold this spring due to a prolonged period of 270@10G26 weather. Then came the summer heat. Howevercomma, She just got her medical renewed last week and intends to resume the effort.

All she has left is her long XC, half her hood time and her night lessons.

Definitely check out the 177 cardinal. No wing to climb over.

You're 2 yrs too late for mine, bro!

Back