WTB 0-320H2AD heavy case

JRitt

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JRitt
Wanted 0-320 H2ad heavy case. Not a light case that has the T mod.

JRitt said:
Wanted 0-320 H2ad heavy case. Not a light case that has the T mod.

Not trying ot thread jack but I had assumed that the T-mod was the desirable choice for that engine. Why the heavy case?

I am assuming by your request that your plane's engine is still not back together??

The engine build I am doing uses a roller cam. The adapter for the pushrod tubes need the larger opening availible only on the heavy case. I had already purchased the kit based on the case I had for my plane but as luck would have it my case failed its inspection (the case would be to thin after cleaning up the mating surface) at DIVCO so must be replaced. The kit is availible for any H2AD case and gets rid of the cam problems with the case and its only a couple of hundred dollars more than a new "stock" cam and lifters (I paid $2000 for the kit).
Yes :( the plane is still down (4months now). I have had 2 cases sent to me that were supposed to be heavy cases (one from DIVCO and the other from Air Support International) but were just T modded light cases. The whole story is on the red board http://forums.aopa.org/showthread.php?t=7937 if you want to cry with me

Last edited:
Hello,
Excuse me for jumping in, here. I recently bought the roller kit for my h2ad. I got the one for the case that had not been modded (T) already. They told me when I bought the kit there were only 2 types, the case that had been modded(takes the large lifters) and, the case that had not been (takes smaller ones). That's what part of the mod was, to make it so the larger lifters would fit. They didn't mention a heavy or a light case. I'm wondering why they would have made 2 different type cases if they were all for the same application? I am about ready to tear mine down and send off the parts to be done. If there really is a heavy and light case, how do you tell the difference? I guess I better find out before I run into the same problems you did. Thanks. Michael (smfly@bellsouth.net) I might can get some advice from you on what I need to do with my engine.

The heavy case was (is) manufactured from 1980 on. So all the replacement cases from Lycoming are the heavy case (more metal around the lifter bores and a larger opening for the push rod tube to go into). If your case is a light case that the lifter bores were opened up for the "T" mod your push rod adapter that came with your kit will not fit. The company will exchange them for the right ones. If you have the Kit already just check the adapter for a correct fit when you tear the engine down.

Thanks, for the info. Mine has not been opened up or modded. It is bone stock, so the kit should fit. Are you doing yours yourself? i am curious as to what kind of costs I am looking at? Thanks. Michael.

Jritt,
I tried to reply to your e-mail form my home address but, it came back as a bad address. Michael.

ASI did locate the right case and sent it to me (third time's charm). Started to do the reassembly and found that the company who overhauled the crankshaft turned the rod journals 10 under and just polished the mains but they sent me 10 under main bearings and std rod bearings. I got the right bearings and its back togather. I did the breakin flight the weekend before last and made a round trip to St. Pete Fla tot go to fun n sun (drool, can I have 2 of everything?)

JRitt said:
ASI did locate the right case and sent it to me (third time's charm). Started to do the reassembly and found that the company who overhauled the crankshaft turned the rod journals 10 under and just polished the mains but they sent me 10 under main bearings and std rod bearings. I got the right bearings and its back togather. I did the breakin flight the weekend before last and made a round trip to St. Pete Fla tot go to fun n sun (drool, can I have 2 of everything?)

Excellent. Glad you're back in the air. You'll have to let me know next time you are off to KSMD and we can see if we can meet up for a Zestos!! :)

Back