WST vs. GON

Hang 4

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Hang 4
VIsiting family in a couple weeks. They are right between Westerly and Groton so either one is fine for land logistics. Any PIREPS on transient stays between the two?

Oh, my . . . So much better than my first thought!

It's neither West nor Gone . . . .

Glad you're still around, bur I can't help with them yankee airports. :cool:

I made a biz trip to Groton a couple years ago to go to Conn College. Very friendly FBO, don't recall any excessive fees with fuel purchase.

Agreed.. Highly recommend Mystic Jet center at Groton!

Excellent staff.
Probably no fees or worst case low fees.
Rental cars on site or will be delivered to mystic jet if needed.
Decent fuel prices considering the full service.
Great airport and great controllers.

Have a good trip..

Mystic Jet Center is very good. Never been to WST, but GON has a tower, which can be nice.

Groton would probably be the better choice. I don’t use WST. the state charges a fee to out of state aircraft.also wst has beach traffic.

Looks like a consensus. Thanks for the input. I called both and got a better vibe from Mystic Jet Center and fees were reasonable. Like the tower for first time in as well. Now just need the weather to cooperate.

Both airports bring back fond memories of when I lived up that way. I don’t really have any current info to help you, but I will share a story:

One day I’m lining up to take off in a Cherokee Six on either 33 or 5 at GON which are near the water and I catch some strange movement in my peripheral vision, not quite sure what I just saw. A second later a big seagull swoops down in front of me. That’s when I notice that the runway is littered with broken oyster shells! They had been using the hard surface to crack open their lunch. :)

Back