Written test expiration?

N747JB

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John
My son passed his written June 19, 2012, is it good through June 30, 2014? He wants to finish and take his check ride before he has to retake the written. :D With college and a few other minor distractions, he may be pushing to get done in time, but not retaking the written test is motivating him to finish now. :D I hope! ;)

My son passed his written June 19, 2012, is it good through June 30, 2014? He wants to finish and take his check ride before he has to retake the written. :D With college and a few other minor distractions, he may be pushing to get done in time, but not retaking the written test is motivating him to finish now. :D I hope! ;)
I'm pretty certain the time limit is 24 calendar months which would mean as long as he passes a checkride by June 30 he's OK. Seems like that might put a lot of extra pressure on him during the ride though.

I'm pretty certain the time limit is 24 calendar months which would mean as long as he passes a checkride by June 30 he's OK. Seems like that might put a lot of extra pressure on him during the ride though.

Thanks, that's what I was thinking! :yes:
He seems to like pressure :dunno: he can finish what he needs to do in a week or maybe two max, but we've got a family trip planned and then he's volunteering at the US Open for both weeks. So, it's gonna be tough if he doesn't get some flying in this coming week after his last final.;)

I'm pretty certain the time limit is 24 calendar months which would mean as long as he passes a checkride by June 30 he's OK.
Correct. Note that this is completes, not just starts. If he starts the ride before 6/30/14 but discontinues or fails and doesn't finish by 6/30/14, he'll have to retake the written.

I ran into this problem and yes he is good until the 30th.

I am studying to take the test again...

I ran into this problem and yes he is good until the 30th.

I am studying to take the test again...

I'm hoping he doesn't have to do that, but he's got to get off his butt on pretty days, like today, and get it done! :D

Back