"Write if you find work..."

rottydaddy

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
beaky
For the first time in over twenty years, I got fired a week ago... not a big surprise, not an immediate financial emergency, and I was thinking of bailing anyway, but it's weird. I feel slighted, too, but that's been the general tone of the last three years with this company, anyway... nothing new there. Still, it's just... weird.
Weird but good- I've enjoyed a stress-free week of catching up on the to-do list, including spending lots of time helping with the club's 2-33 resto.
Also got a couple of very timely leads for new work... should have more word on that very soon.

For the first time in over twenty years, I got fired a week ago... not a big surprise, not an immediate financial emergency, and I was thinking of bailing anyway, but it's weird. I feel slighted, too, but that's been the general tone of the last three years with this company, anyway... nothing new there. Still, it's just... weird.
Weird but good- I've enjoyed a stress-free week of catching up on the to-do list, including spending lots of time helping with the club's 2-33 resto.
Also got a couple of very timely leads for new work... should have more word on that very soon.

Albuquerque's job market is still pretty hot right now, even more so if you're into film production...

Come on out!

That's a shame, and I'm sorry to hear it. Good luck on the job hunt! Hopefully you'll find something that'll be more to your liking.

Being laid-off or otherwise released can be liberating...best of luck with landing something new.

Trapper John

I know it sounds like tripe, but...

These things often work to the better. I was let go from my previous company in September (sorta expected, but, still...)

I was sweating it after two weeks of no phone calls, no nuttin.

One month later I started with CSC. I've been here 5 months and they think I'm awesome, my role has expanded, the facility is world class, the people are great, the benefits are awesome -- and I am finally working someplace where I can afford the time to finish my post-graduate degree.

Yeah, it can be ALOT better....

Albuquerque's job market is still pretty hot right now, even more so if you're into film production...

Come on out!

I don't have much experience with film, not in the union, either, but I have been trying to get a foot in with IATSE- I have done some load in/outs here in Newark and have a buddy who's a location rigger/grip in the New Orleans area who's been looking for an opening for me on a shoot. I dunno about relocating just yet, but I'd take a contract for a temporary gig... done plenty of that as an A/V installer (I was on the road for about half of 2007).

Touch base with Kelvin. I know he owns a sound company (that's my non-educated phrasing which may not be accurate for those in the know) which may work with your AV experience providing he has a need. If nothing else, he may be able to help with a lead.

Good luck!

Rotty...PM me...I have a few things in the works that may require an experienced man...

Touch base with Kelvin. I know he owns a sound company (that's my non-educated phrasing which may not be accurate for those in the know) which may work with your AV experience providing he has a need. If nothing else, he may be able to help with a lead.

Good luck!

Thanks for picking this up, Kelvin. Hope I didn't butcher what you do for a living too badly. lol

I'd think I'd have satisfaction that any problems they have now are theirs, not mine, and the faint thought that they may realize what I kept from happening while I was there.

I know it still hurts.

I just remembered they day I got canned as SysAdmin from a start up (they were dropping bodies every week) and the boss whispered that nothing was working because they were changing all of the passwords to keep me out. I think I may have actually said, "That's not my problem, now, is it?"

You'll knock 'em dead.

I know it sounds like tripe, but...

These things often work to the better. I was let go from my previous company in September (sorta expected, but, still...)

...always seems to work that way.

I was sweating it after two weeks of no phone calls, no nuttin.

One month later I started with CSC. I've been here 5 months and they think I'm awesome, my role has expanded, the facility is world class, the people are great, the benefits are awesome -- and I am finally working someplace where I can afford the time to finish my post-graduate degree.

Yeah, it can be ALOT better....

I have a good friend with CSC- I know it's a big-azz company, but what do you do for them?

I have a good friend with CSC- I know it's a big-azz company, but what do you do for them?

93,000 people... yep, Big!

We were just awarded BOSS-U, so will be prime on several contracts.

I'm a Project Manager/ Senior Engineer, supporting the Army's Biometrics Task Force. My focus is integrating Knowledge, workflow, and Training management systems to operations.

I don't even watch CSI, but have come up to speed enough to be dangerous.
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back