Wrigley Field Naming Rights

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
It occurred to me and a couple of other people at lunch today that the new owners of the Chicago Cubs would have the naming rights for Wrigley Field.

So I was thinking that if PoA members were to pool some money we could first see if we could buy the Cubs and get those rights or wait until the new owners sell the rights and purchase them.

The point being we could rename Wrigley Field to Meigs Field and paint a big yellow X on the pitchers mound.

That should give Daley a coronary.

What you think of that?

It occurred to me and a couple of other people at lunch today that the new owners of the Chicago Cubs would have the naming rights for Wrigley Field.

So I was thinking that if PoA members were to pool some money we could first see if we could buy the Cubs and get those rights or wait until the new owners sell the rights and purchase them.

The point being we could rename Wrigley Field to Meigs Field and paint a big yellow X on the pitchers mound.

That should give Daley a coronary.

What you think of that?

Actually, I want to buy Daley's land from under him and bulldoze his house in the middle of the night. Or heck, eminent domain it and turn it into a heliport with a small landing fee. I'm sure it'd generate more revenue for the city than what's sitting on his land now.

Actually, I want to buy Daley's land from under him and bulldoze his house in the middle of the night. Or heck, eminent domain it and turn it into a heliport with a small landing fee. I'm sure it'd generate more revenue for the city than what's sitting on his land now.

Bah, lets do it without buying the land first.

They tried that with one of the supreme beings on the high court; Breyer I think? If only the current justices were in place at the time!

For their own sake, the new owners had better be the makers of a particular brand of gum. Let the doublemint twins throw out the first pitch after the purchase, and make the pitcher's rubber look like a stick of gum in the wrapper.

'Cuz ya know, even though I'm a Brew Crew fan if I'm forced to pay attention to baseball, so the Cubs must be the most hated rival... It'd be just WRONG if Wrigley was named anything other than Wrigley.

:rofl: :goofy: Count me in! Hahahahaha!!! :D

They tried that with one of the supreme beings on the high court; Breyer I think? If only the current justices were in place at the time!

Souter... And damn, that was funny! What was it gonna be, the Liberty Hotel or something?

Souter... And damn, that was funny! What was it gonna be, the Liberty Hotel or something?
Yep... that was it. There were quite a few homeowners in that town who were all for it. But, there were just enough liberals who apparently loved Souter more than protecting their own property rights. Go figure!

Back