Wright Brothers were smarter, stronger, and better looking than the French aviators.

I

iTeflon

I am a banned user.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The 1904 plane of the Wright Brothers a bit strange. Physical impossibility detec

2 different types of drag? :dunno: check out an L/D Max graph.

Re: The 1904 plane of the Wright Brothers a bit strange. Physical impossibility detec

First post and it's a doozy. :D

Seriously though, I think you're on to something there.:yes:

Someone refresh my memory, but wasn't there some Wright Brothers vs. some other early pioneering aviator thread on the board a year or two back?

These post citations look very deja vu.....

Someone refresh my memory, but wasn't there some Wright Brothers vs. some other early pioneering aviator thread on the board a year or two back?

These post citations look very deja vu.....

Heees baaaaack!

I am a banned user.

Last edited by a moderator:

And clearly just having a go at us. If he's got two brain cells to rub together he knows that he's Mr. Obvious.

Oh no, not this again...

2 different types of drag?

male as female and female as male?

Anyway, it's clear that the Wrights realized that the L/D curve required that they avoid induced drag (don't lift-off) until airspeed was 27 to 28 mph while the OP doesn't.

One more post and you're there...

How does iTeflon have 2 posts and a post count of 1? Something funny here.

Anyway, it's clear that the Wrights realized that the L/D curve required that they avoid induced drag (don't lift-off) until airspeed was 27 to 28 mph while the OP doesn't.

Does this poster remind you of any other? Just a bit of prodding with a long stick.:rofl:

How does iTeflon have 2 posts and a post count of 1? Something funny here.

How do you have a post count of 50,000 with 50,001 posts?

iHenning,
Congratulations for just making 50000 posts.

Ground effect?

Your model is wrong?

You have a chip on your shoulder?

Maybe all three?

Does this poster remind you of any other? Just a bit of prodding with a long stick.:rofl:

Of course it's the same troll, I was just expanding on your reference to L/D since it is the correct answer.

I'm going to PM you the email address of one of the Smithsonian curators who has written several books on the Wrights. He probably can help you unravel some of their correspondence.

I'm going to guess that they were the first to begin to understand the L/D curve, because they were running up against it at the time. The machine could briefly lift off but didn't have anough power to maintain speed once induced drag was added to total drag. OTOH if they accelerated to the point on the other side of the L/D curve then they had enough power to take off and climb away. I've read these letters and i find them facsinating. The correspondance between the wrights, chanute, and others shows how the early experimenters are trying to make sense out of seemingly contradictory behavior. It was this correspondance between the early pioneers that gave us the understanding of things like L/D.

We can replicate this today to some extent. Anyone who has tried a takeoff on a low-powered self-launch motorglider on a hot day is experiencing just what the wrights had with their severely underpowered airplane.

However, in the context of this thread, we should note that much like Chanute, the OP also doesn't understand the concept of induced drag, and if would just read the letters and think about them, Wilbur might be able to teach him the same as he taught Chanute. But since the OP is motivated by hatred for the Wrights and not by any desire to learn, this isn't likely.

However, in the context of this thread, we should note that much like Chanute, the OP also doesn't understand the concept of induced drag, and if would just read the letters and think about them, Wilbur might be able to teach him the same as he taught Chanute. But since the OP is motivated by hatred for the Wrights and not by any desire to learn, this isn't likely.

Agree, the OP won't learn. One slow flight in a an underpowered trainer would teach the OP a lot...

Uhhhh, Yep.
I wonder how many times he's been banned?

Even more interesting, what would motivate an individual to start threads like this, repeatedly?

Even more interesting, what would motivate an individual to start threads like this, repeatedly?

mental illness...

attachment.php

Attachments

• Binksternet_suggesting_editors_be_logged_in.jpg
    Binksternet_suggesting_editors_be_logged_in.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 137

I'm going to guess that they were the first to begin to understand the L/D curve, because they were running up against it at the time. The machine could briefly lift off but didn't have anough power to maintain speed once induced drag was added to total drag. OTOH if they accelerated to the point on the other side of the L/D curve then they had enough power to take off and climb away. I've read these letters and i find them facsinating. The correspondance between the wrights, chanute, and others shows how the early experimenters are trying to make sense out of seemingly contradictory behavior. It was this correspondance between the early pioneers that gave us the understanding of things like L/D.

We can replicate this today to some extent. Anyone who has tried a takeoff on a low-powered self-launch motorglider on a hot day is experiencing just what the wrights had with their severely underpowered airplane.

They also had a wind tunnel.

Uhhhh, Yep.
I wonder how many times he's been banned?

Maybe this time he'll keep it to one thread. Hopefully we can keep him on long enough so the Smithsonian S.W.A.T. team can get a trace on him from the NSA. They are mandated to quash all resistance to the Wright Way in order to keep the Flyer. If they don't, the Wright family will take it back as well as sacrificing the curator's first born in a Satanic ritual.

Please tell me that it's the same guy...

Please tell me that it's the same guy...

It is. I'm in the middle of a level 1 pci audit right now so don't have time to really boot him. Regardless, I don't care, takes me about half a second to ban his new accounts and delete his posts.

It is. I'm in the middle of a level 1 pci audit right now so don't have time to really boot him. Regardless, I don't care, takes me about half a second to ban his new accounts and delete his posts.

Always a fun time. Normally I kick back while the audits are underway... then run around with my hair on fire when the results come back.

Back