Wright anniversary today (Dec 17)

Happy 103rd Birthday, powered flight! May you always bring safe landings and remain close to all of us...

Jason

Last edited:
If you need an excuse to fly, today is the anniversary of the first controlled, powered heavier-than-air human flight by the Wright Brothers!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wright_brothers

Hooda thunk it! And I thought the reason I went flying today was because my partner in the R44 wanted pictures of his house! What a nice day to fly, and thankfully warm, because I took off the left door to get clearer shots (while Dennis, of course, flew the helicopter). That's the first time I've been a pax in my own helicopter in a long, long time :D

didnt get to fly today. this is also 3rd anniversary of my initial CFI. Boy was that fun and boy am i glad i dont have to do it again.

Well, I spent the 17th sightseeing a bit in Taipei. No GA for me this time. Just another set of rides in UA 777s on Wednesday to get me home to a house that still (as of Sunday night PST) has no power. My wife didn't sound happy in the e-mail from our daughter's account.

Thank you Orville and Wilbur for having the Wright Stuff!!!! We should all thank you each time our wheels leave the ground and we get to experience the thrill of flight. The 20th of this month I will celebrate my 72nd birthday, and I love flying and taking people for there first plane ride. I know I can't keep going for ever, but as long as I can pass my medical I will be up there doing what I love. Bob:yes:

Back