Wrestler found dead

Was talking with Mark about it earlier, I did not personally know Chris, but I knew his wife, Nancy (she used to wrestle too as "Woman").

VERY SAD....whole family dies overnight. There's reports, althought COMPLETELY unconfirmed that Chris had stayed home from last night's Vengeance PPV to take care of his wife and son who were vomiting blood.

Was talking with Mark about it earlier, I did not personally know Chris, but I knew his wife, Nancy (she used to wrestle too as "Woman").

VERY SAD....whole family dies overnight. There's reports, althought COMPLETELY unconfirmed that Chris had stayed home from last night's Vengeance PPV to take care of his wife and son who were vomiting blood.

Holy crap, I just read the link you posted. Suspected double homicide/suicide now??

I was afraid it would be something with Nancy's ex husband. He was a jerk and very unstable person, but I would have never expected something like this out of Chris Benoit (not that I really knew him, but still).

Sad.

The picture from that story is one of the things that made WWE so special in the last few years, btw. Every Christmas (well, the week before), they have travelled to Iraq to put on a USO show for the troops. They spent time with as many soldiers as they could, and then put on a television taping outside for everyone to see.

I think that's special, and I think that is what separates wrestling from most other forms of entertainment right now: They do the right thing when its right, not when its profitable.

I heard very little news today since I spent most of it dealing with auto problems. I'm sure he's been reported on many times in local news since he lived here but I'm really surprised I had not heard of him even though I don't follow wrestling these days.

He lived down in Fayetteville which is home to quite a few well-known individuals. Evander Holyfield also lives just to the north of Fayetteville on more ground than the governor's mansion.

Here's an Atlanta Journal news link on the story.

I remember Benoit from the old WCW days of long ago. He always had an 'unstable' look in his eye if you ask me. I never really liked him as a wrestler/actor. Very sad story regardless of who was involved.

:eek: Holy crap, its bad. Apparantly, Benoit strangled Nancy and smothered his son, then hanged himself.

Investigators found anabolic steroids in the house and want to know whether the muscle man nicknamed "The Canadian Crippler" was unhinged by the bodybuilding drugs, which can cause paranoia, depression and explosive outbursts known as "roid rage."
That's the first thing I thought of. I've seen the effects of steriods. It's sure not out of the question.

They found a lot of prescription meds in the home but many details are not being released. The last local report I heard this evening was he tied up his wife, strangled her. That may have been on Friday. On Saturday, he smothered his son in his bed. Then, Sunday hanged himself using cables from weight lifting equipment. There's a lot more to this but I'm sure more will be released when tox screens are done.

unless he updated Wiki himself after he killed her (or even before he did).
That's still up in the air...

The posting was made by someone using an IP address registered in Stamford, Conn., where World Wrestling Entertainment is based, said Cary Bass, a representative of Wikimedia Foundation of St. Petersburg, Fla., the parent company of Wikipedia.

It was not known where the posting was actually sent from, however, Bass said.

unless he updated Wiki himself after he killed her (or even before he did).

He could have texted somebody at WWE why he was skipping the match, and that person updated the Wikipedia entry.

I also wouldn't be surprised it turns out the reports of what was posted when are wrong due to the differing time zones.

He could have texted somebody at WWE why he was skipping the match, and that person updated the Wikipedia entry.

I also wouldn't be surprised it turns out the reports of what was posted when are wrong due to the differing time zones.
If someone posted this in cooperation and his wife ends up dead, there's a potential conspiracy charge. Not a smart move.

And, there's the 14 hour advance posting. That alone is suspicious.

That's quite a coincidence but if there's no other tie between this poster and Benoit, it's a story of "truth stranger than fiction." I do find it interesting Benoit went to a doctor in Carrollton for meds. That town isn't exactly convenient to Fayetteville.

Well, it appears that the WWE is pulling all merchandise of Chris Benoit's, including his video "Hard Knocks: The Chris Benoit Story." The WWE is taking a pretty hard stance against Benoit, and I agree with their decision.

Now that more facts have come out, it appears that Benoit was on steroids at the time of the incident. This act looks to be a case of "'roid rage" to the highest degree, and his actions are no more forgivable in my eyes than the guy on crack that kills his family in a fit of temporary insanity.

Chris Benoit can rot in hell, as far as I'm concerned. The WWE has had a "Wellness Program" in place for a while now, where they drug test for substance abuse (including steroids), and Benoit was finding a way around the system. People can joke about how Vince McMahon and the WWE were not serious, but they did enforce the policy on numerous occasions.

Look at Chris Masters, before the Wellness Program and after:
BEFORE:
chrismastersold.jpg

AFTER:
masters.jpg

There were also others who were suspended and at least one person released from their contract for violating the policy. Those like Debra Williams and Steve Austin (AKA, Stone Cold) should be ashamed of themselves for becoming media whores to try to sell out the business by claiming that steroid use is still rampant. They have not been involved with the WWE since the testing has started, and are only trying to cash in on their names for an additional 15 minutes of fame.

I can say this: When I wrestled, steroid use was pushed, heavily. I did not succeed very well because I refused to juice, but that was in the independent wrestling circuit. It is so competitive there that people will do anything to get that extra edge, but that is not related to the WWE at all. Moreover, it has been almost 6 years since I touched a wrestling ring, so I cannot speak to how much things have changed since then. Those that have no immediate knowledge but speak as fact should be ashamed.

A few names have come out as being related to the same steroid ring that Chris Benoit was involved in: Bob Holly, Rey Mysterio, Lex Luger, Mark Jindrak, and Buff Bagwell. All of these men should be held to the highest letter of the law involving a drug case which leads to death.

That's my rant du soir. Sorry if its a bit personal, but its been stewing inside me as time has gone on and more facts have come out.

RIP Nancy Benoit.

I often do body double work for Chris Masters. :rofl:

Was just watching CNN, apparently, there was a LOT of dead brain matter in his head, caused from blunt trauma.

That's not a good twist.

yea i read something yesterday where they thought he had brain damage from years of concussions. i also saw that a ton of WWE wrestlers got suspended for 30 days (I think) for failing steroid tests. apparently they got caught through the same doctors and pharmacy that benoit used. and Benoits dad is going to be on Larry King tonight

We've been hearing about here for three days.

There's also an argument over who died first, the wife or son. It seems estate questions rest on this issue. Apparently, someone benefits more on whether a 7yo boy died first. That pretty much sickens me.

Back