WPA2 cracked... virtually all wifi routers affected...

Discussion in 'Technical Corner' started by denverpilot, Oct 16, 2017.

1. RJM62

RJM62 Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Geek On The Hill
    Whenever a wired connection is an option, I use it. When away from home, especially if I must use WiFi, I also use a public VPN. I'm currently using AirVPN, which seems no worse than most I've used and has a good reputation. The only problem is that many financial sites won't let you log in through a proxy server, although that seems to be changing with two-factor authentication.

Using a wired connection is no guarantee that there's no snooping or sloppiness in the security. But it does subtract one potential vulnerability from the mix.

Rich

wsuffa likes this.
  2. Rushie

Rushie Cleared for Takeoff

Display Name:

Display name:
    Rushie
    Thanks!

3. Rushie

Rushie Cleared for Takeoff

Display Name:

Display name:
    Rushie
    I had a paid proxy server once and indeed had trouble using some sites that wouldn't let you use a proxy. So I discontinued it. I wanted to find a proxy service that hides the fact you are using a proxy. Don't know if such a thing exists but seemed to be what was needed to avoid that problem.

4. twinjet

twinjet Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    twinjet
    Excuse my ignorance -- would hidden networks be any better off than those displayed on WiFi menus? Or does KRACK circumvent that precaution?

5. GTO1969

GTO1969 Filing Flight Plan

Display Name:

Display name:
    Kevin
    Hidden networks offer no security. The traffic between your network and client devices is easily detected and would allow a potential attacker to identify your network.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Skyrys62 likes this.