WOW!!!!

HPNFlyGirl

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iBrookieMonster
The Slim Jim plant exploded and had a partial roof collapse today. While I was watching the live news coverage I saw an airplane fly by. A few minutes later it flew back by again. I was saying to myself..."I wonder if that's the flight schools airplane and sure enough it was. The news crews zoomed right in on them. It was my friend and the flight school owner going up for my friends BFR and IPC.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5313797/

Yeah, saw the live aerial footage on CNN while eating my lunch. The way that roof had collapsed in several different locations on a 50,000 square-foot facility had me thinking some sort of internal explosion must have occurred. The article you linked seems to confirm that.

Those that like 'em better stock up on SlimJims!! (is this the only factory that makes them?)

I think it was an internal explosion.

I'm not sure if it is the only plant that makes Slim Jims or not.

I think it was interesting that the flight school aircraft was in the video earlier.

Snap into amonia.

Oh yeah!

edit: even better:

"Need a little excitement?!? Snap into a slim jim factory. Oh yeah!"

Looks like they make most of it. Found this article on the web:

Preparing for a trip through GoodMark's Gamer plant, you feel like an Apollo astronaut prepping for flight. All jewelry comes off. No watches. No hair below the earlobes. You put on a white lab coat. Then a hairnet and hard hat.

This is Slim Jim Central. The 277,000-square-foot plant, tucked in trees a quarter mile off Interstate 40 on Jones Sausage Road, chums out 95% of the brand - 290,000 pounds a week. That's 200,000 Slim Jims every hour.

Meat processing isn't a pretty business. More than 50 million pounds of meat pass through the plant each year...

Thanks for the additional info Troy. When I was a courier for FedEx I used to have to deliver there sometimes. I would be offered free Slim Jims on occasion. I always said "No thank you."

What a name for a road that plant is on too.

4851 Jones Sausage Rd

Many moons ago, the only thing on that road was the Jessie Jones Sausage meat packing plant. A few years ago, it was bought out by the current owner....ConAgra Foods
Hence the name of Jones Sausage Rd.

They really use meat in those things????:skeptical:

Back