Wow, maybe history in the making with NK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

James331

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
James331
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/13/politics/john-bolton-north-korea-cnntv/index.html

Looks promising, if the US private sector could rebuild/build up the north in trade for both sides standing down their saber rattling, which always came at the expenses of their peoples, this could be quite the historic move.

Also seems like a smart move for their Kim, he could go down in history as the one who lead his country out of literal darkness, good feather in Trumps hat too, and more over money to be made for our private sector and possible huge QOL jump for the people of NK and less worry for the people of SK.

Fingers crossed I guess.

I'm curious if reunification might be in the cards.

But yeah, as an investor, I'm keeping an eye on things.

Don't fall for that sort of talk. Nothing good can come from ending a 65 year old war, preventing nuclear proliferation, and giving the suffering people of North Korea an opportunity to live without fear of terrorization and free from hunger.

Just read the news. You'll see what I mean.

Don't fall for that sort of talk. Nothing good can come from ending a 65 year old war, preventing nuclear proliferation, and giving the suffering people of North Korea an opportunity to live without fear of terrorization and free from hunger.

Just read the news. You'll see what I mean.

He might help with hunger, but I’m pretty sure a dictator will still terrorize anyone whom he wishes, imprison whomever he wishes, and have zero respect for individual human rights to maintain his power base.

Just like our politicians. They’re just not quite dictators, yet. They’re working on it. They always wonder why they get blowback, even though it shouldn’t be any surprise.

He might help with hunger, but I’m pretty sure a dictator will still terrorize anyone whom he wishes, imprison whomever he wishes, and have zero respect for individual human rights to maintain his power base.

Just like our politicians. They’re just not quite dictators, yet. They’re working on it. They always wonder why they get blowback, even though it shouldn’t be any surprise.

But between natural resources and cheap labor, that place has possibilities if we can get a good amount of private investors in there, also hard to be a dictator when your people realize your family was why they were starving, Kim's got a few choices, one is pull this thing off and be the savior of his people, another is to go down the path of tyrants, one has a much happier ending for all parties involved.

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I suspect Lil' Kim is not going to deliver his people from starvation and darkness. Hitler and Stalin played nice sometimes too.

Maybe I'm a pessimist, but I suspect Lil' Kim is not going to deliver his people from starvation and darkness. Hitler and Stalin played nice sometimes too.

It's got a much happier outcome for him, as far as the lifespan of tyrannical regimes, his is getting pretty long in the tooth, and the retirement plan for ex tyrants isn't too great from what I hear.

If we can get in there long enogh that the people see what's up, he very well might not have a option to go back to the old ways.

Plus he would become a darling of the world, probably get a peace prize, be able to jet set with celebs, he'd be moving to the international cool kids table, from the sad little tin pot tyrant sitting by himself in his starving cesspool country table.

I don't think he really cares about his people, but between his western education and the writing on the wall, it will improve his lifestyle going through with this, I hope he paid enough attention in history class to fully understand this.

It's got a much happier outcome for him, as far as the lifespan of tyrannical regimes, his is getting pretty long in the tooth, and the retirement plan for ex tyrants isn't too great from what I hear.
It's been great so far for North Korean tyrants.

My guess is that he's going to try to play Trump like he and his father and grandfather played pretty much every administration since the 50s. I'm hoping it doesn't work as well this time. I do think Kim has been surprised at how resistant the current Pres. has been to playing Charlie Brown to NK's Lucy, as has happened with predictability as long as I can remember. If he really wanted to maintain the status quo, all he really needed to do was wait it out a term (or possibly two) until the next gullible twit took office. It's inevitable.

So, maybe Kim is really interested in change. Or maybe he's just setting up a longer game to more freely get what he wants. It is, however, interesting to see this scenario played out differently than it has so many times in the past.

If we can get in there long enogh that the people see what's up, he very well might not have a option to go back to the old ways.

Plus he would become a darling of the world, probably get a peace prize, be able to jet set with celebs, he'd be moving to the international cool kids table, from the sad little tin pot tyrant sitting by himself in his starving cesspool country table.

I don't think he really cares about his people, but between his western education and the writing on the wall, it will improve his lifestyle going through with this, I hope he paid enough attention in history class to fully understand this.

I really hope that happens. I would love for those people to have the opportunity to experience the real world. Not that it's all peachy keen, but at least it's not fake Kim Jong world. After all this time, it would be inreresting to see how they would deal with it. It would surely be a shock. Like an institutionalized prisoner getting out of the pokey after a few decades.

They are playing Trump and the South Koreans. They already lost the test site, it can't be used anymore without making their own country glow.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...test-site-collapse-may-be-out-of-action-china

Sure, they'll stop testing, for a few years until they can build a new site. In the meantime, they'll get some sanctions lifted, build some more manufacturing on the border to fund their next nuclear program and provide weapons to terrorists and other sanctioned states (Iran). And so, the cycle begins again.

It's been great so far for North Korean tyrants.

My guess is that he's going to try to play Trump like he and his father and grandfather played pretty much every administration since the 50s. I'm hoping it doesn't work as well this time. I do think Kim has been surprised at how resistant the current Pres. has been to playing Charlie Brown to NK's Lucy, as has happened with predictability as long as I can remember. If he really wanted to maintain the status quo, all he really needed to do was wait it out a term (or possibly two) until the next gullible twit took office. It's inevitable.

So, maybe Kim is really interested in change. Or maybe he's just setting up a longer game to more freely get what he wants. It is, however, interesting to see this scenario played out differently than it has so many times in the past.

Longer game?

He has no game, he has nothing, he is the king of a steaming pile of poo, currently no one in he world takes him seriously and his family is a international joke.

He has one of the poorest countries on earth, thus really despite the government and media marketing I am unable to believe he poses a credible threat to the US.

Wars are won with $$ and power

For how much money the people of the US have and make and how hard we get raped on taxes, tons of which go into the military industrial complex, if one of the poorest countries on earth poses a real threat to us, well that means our military is a complete failure and I want a refund for all the tax money I've blown on them.
Of course making dirt poor NK appear to be a threat is great marketing to get people to be cool with even more defense spending/debt.

But real world, for the thinking crowd, Kim is sitting with nothing and we have a royal flush, heck we own the damn table. The only real card is us getting a better presence over there and also being able to utilize them for their cheap labor and natural resources, plus the PR of helping a dirt poor country.

Not sure if it'll happen in Kim's tenure, ...you can get away with a whole lot in a country, just look at the degradation of freedoms and massive surges in taxes we have and all the fuds that are cool with it, but when you push a population too far, when folks are actually legit starving, it's just a matter of time till heads start literally rolling, hopefully Kim and Co. are smart and clear thinking enough to see the writing on the wall, and they cash in that winning lotto ticket that got handed to them, Kim could make a comeback like no one in modern history if he just lets it happen.

Or there's always door number two, just waiting to be kicked open by the people
execlouis.jpg

My own feeling is that DPRK wouldn't have nukes unless China wanted them to. Therefore, you have to ask what China wants out of the deal in order for Kim to give them up. It won't happen, unless it benefits China in some material way. I'll pretty much guarantee you it won't be unification of the peninsula on the South's terms.
The Chinese take the long view.

The news seems to conveniently forget that South Korean president Moon Jae-in was a left leaning appointee after the previous president was impeached, and he is the one driving the push to reunification, not Trump. South Korean leadership has historically been right leaning to the point where talks of this nature would have been unthinkable, which is why serious talks have not happened before.

As to whether Trump deserves some credit or not is a point of discussion. One could argue that these talks are happening despite of Trump, as much as one can argue it's because of him.

“We’re going to win. We’re going to win so much. We’re going to win at trade, we’re going to win at the border. We’re going to win so much, you’re going to be so sick and tired of winning, you’re going to come to me and go ‘Please, please, we can’t win anymore.’ You’ve heard this one. You’ll say ‘Please, Mr. President, we beg you sir, we don’t want to win anymore. It’s too much. It’s not fair to everybody else.’” Trump said. “And I’m going to say ‘I’m sorry, but we’re going to keep winning, winning, winning, We’re going to make America great again.”

Closed pending MC review.

Edit: After MC vote, this thread will remain closed. This was a full-on Spin Zone topic and thread, in violation of our Rules of Conduct. It should never have been started.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back